Author Topic: Planning a governmental system that would work... ever tried it?  (Read 2768 times)

I have a bare-boned government system I wrote out a year or two ago.

It needs some major overhauls, but otherwise.

Why isn't the government run by scientists and technicians who can use the scientific method to run our society instead of politicians who don't have the technical know how to actually solve problems and use human opinion to attempt to solve problems?

Think about it, we use the scientific method to give everyone a high standard of living and that values human life.

A couple of responses for Thorax
I did make a couple of errors.
I know that neutral deciders are extremely difficult to come by, if not impossible. However, it might be possible for a group of people, who have been extensively tested to have a complete balance of political views, or however much that is possible, to hold power.

Also, for religion, it isn't necessarily too difficult to convince people to be one religion, but still, it's not okay to shove opinions down people's throats. Christianity is still, as far as I know, the largest religion by far in this country. Science, I don't consider a religion; it isn't really even a belief system on its own, as it can coexist easily with religions. However, if anything, I consider it a distinct lack of religion. That can be atheism, agnosticism, or simply being areligious, like me. People have beliefs, and many are idiots for that, but it's okay to respect that most of the time. Also, radicals do attack their own, only slightly removed. Many religions will split into different sects, and violence will break out often.

Using fear as a motivator is not good. You're making people's lives worth with little reason. I strongly dislike Machiavelli's ideas. Though he was smart, his practicality did somewhat blind him to generosity, kindness, that kind of thing. A person who is constantly fearing is constantly stressed. Constantly stressed people, as I know from the experiences of my sister, do not fare well. Their lives become complicated, they become less willing to help others, and they are more easily frustrated. I cannot deny the effectiveness of a dictatorship, but we can all agree, as far as I am concerned, that dictatorships are not the way to go.

I was not basing this system off of the US' current system. It could not be properly implemented with the state we are in. This is merely theoretical. However, even if it breaks that one act, everyone who is sane, mature, and not overly mentally handicapped can still vote, albeit after some formalities. The formalities are in place to make sure that the person knows about what they are doing. If people don't know what they're doing when they vote, it can seldom lead to a good place.

Also, about the council of morality, I know that morality can be considered in a number of ways, but it is still arguable in a certain direction. They would only be a safeguard, just in case anyone's actions were too much. They wouldn't all need to agree, but they would debate and eventually come up with a majority.

So yeah, you make strong points, but I still don't accept your views.

In my own personal opinion, there can never be a flawless government because mankind is corruptible. No matter how the system is set up, there will always be someone who is power hungry who manages to assume a position in the government and abuses their position for their own personal gain.

I support North Korea's governmental system.

It just needs to be refined a little bit.

I support North Korea's governmental system.

It just needs to be refined a little bit.
so does everyone in North Korea

because if they didn't, you know.

so does everyone in North Korea

because if they didn't, you know.

Nothing happens because it's a great system.

I've noticed everyone is saying that a fair system is impossible because Mankind is corruptible, so the simple obvious answer is to get something that isn't 'Mankind' or living to make the decisions, the answer is my friends, to use a computer.
A special program would be made by the countries top computer scientists, it would brown townyze decisions that needed making and come up with an answer much quicker than any human ever could, it would not be a proper AI (like glados or something) it would just evaluate ideas and work out logically which one is better
since it would be a machine it would be incorruptible, of course the public wouldn't just like to rely on a computer to run the country so there would be a government, a government that thought of ideas to put into the computer and see what would happen
Obviously this idea needs refining but still, its a idea that would remove corruption

From a controlled conception to the end of their life, every person must be conditioned by sleep teaching to obey a certain set of rules that teach them how to act socially, politically, and economically. They will also be conditioned in intelligence and build and organized in certain castes from Alpha to Epsilon with a pre-destined job in which their conditioning will make them adept at it. They will also be satisfied with their caste based on certain sleep teachings. Religion, family, romance, and outdated information of the past must be eliminated to prevent social instability. Anyone whose conditioning is not effective and seems to cause them to have a sense of individuality and thus not obeying social norms will be sent to an isolated island. All girls will either be sterile or have Malthusian birth control belts to ensure no unexpected, viviparous conceptions occur. The population will also be issued rations of recreational, mind altering drugs so their morale will be up. Hail Ford.

Everything must be run by robots and artificial intelligence. Humans are too handicapped to run countries.

I'm going to Form the UCJ The united continents of Japan, and everyone shall be a weaboo or be euthanized.

I'm bored. ;)

You skimmed kinda heavy, lol. It would roughly be the same amount of fear a child feels with it's parents. Papa Government and Mama Religion. Basically, it's just a fear that if you break laws, then you'll go to jail. If you break religious rules, you'll go to Hell. You don't worry about jail if you don't plan on breaking laws, right?

I'm sorry, but that idea is horribly flawed.

First issue I see is the job assignments. People have a particular set of skills, disabilities and fears they are born with. Would you want your pilot to be afraid of heights? Would you want a DJ to be dyslexic? How about having a surgeon who passes out at the sight of blood? Sure, some of them would get over it, but others might react poorly.

If you rid yourselves of currency and a bartering system doesn't exist, neither do stores. At that point, it's communism. Or, if a bartering system does exist (Everyone trades what they have for other things), people will create currency to make their lives easier (ie If 2 chickens are worth a goat, than each chicken is worth 1 shiny rock, and a goat is worth 2. Then we can just bring the small, shiny rocks instead of hauling around our livestock).

Restricting guns is a bad idea as well. If someone buys a gun, than shoots a person for their credits, they guy buy another gun and repeat. Eventually, they could own a small army, taking people's credits to fuel their army.

The hubs you are describing are known as schools.

Everyone would have jobs until there are too many people for the amount of jobs they have available.

Using credits to change jobs is a bad idea as well. If there are those that get forced into a job they don't like, but is necessary (like a doctor), they could use their credits to change to something easy, like a tailor. All of a sudden we have a lack of doctors because nobody wants to be a doctor. Then people die from disease.

You missed the point of it. The way you act towards certain stimuli and the way your personality develops is determined by your environment. People who are afraid of heights are afraid of being dropped and killed/hurt. Like me, when I small I tripped down the steps and it was a long way down. That is why I'm afraid of heights now. If you teach them not to be afraid then they won't develop that phobia. Dyslexic people can be assigned a different job, obviously there are exceptions. There is no currency... Except for military currency, that's the whole point of this.

If you want a non corrupt system it should be done by computers, humans are to emotional and stupid and you know it

Then there would be no point into putting your system idea in motion Wooly because the very thoughts and effort you are putting into this is based off of how you feel. If you cannot trust human emotion how can you trust a human set government? Robots won't work because they are made by humans and programmed with an agenda BY humans.

Make a program that learns... and command it to make it's own government.  :cookieMonster:

You missed the point of it. The way you act towards certain stimuli and the way your personality develops is determined by your environment.
There are multiple fields of psychology which beg to differ!

There is no currency... Except for military currency, that's the whole point of this.
Then what is that "credit" thing you're talking about. It sounds like currency under a different name. If you really wanted to eliminate social class in that way, then either everyone has to get luxury items or no one can. :o