Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 434729 times)

Question to Kompressor:
Is it possible to pull off terrain-like bricks? Like a bedroom brick?
Yes, it is possible... But there are better ways to simulate terrain

Question to Kompressor:
Is it possible to pull off terrain-like bricks? Like a bedroom brick?
What color would you paint it?

Texture it with unchangeable prints?

Blockland will look much better. I hope they make a new gui to make it fit with the new graphics. Because the blue, white lined gui doesn't look very good.

Wonder if removing the terrain means the datablock limit will be raised, finally :/ It'd mean more brick varient packs can be used without resorting to sticking with losing weapons from a minigame, for example.

Wonder if removing the terrain means the datablock limit will be raised, finally :/ It'd mean more brick varient packs can be used without resorting to sticking with losing weapons from a minigame, for example.
if you hit the 4,096 datablock limit you are a terrible host.

I have a question, and perhaps this is going to be answered because of the lack of character reveal, BUT.

I have to ask anyway as this interests me greatly.

Would it be possible to create a playertype/custom color/whatever that allows for the player to be a shiny material?

No reason or anything.

yeah totally the datablock limit should be raised 110%!!!

Jokes.

Do shadows cast onto models in first person?

If they do can one part of the model be lit and the other in the shadows?

if you hit the 4,096 datablock limit you are a terrible host.
Picture the amount of prop bricks/brick packs that will appear when maps go away and the mappers create terrain pieces for bricks. See the inherit problem?

Add in we already got huge datablock hogs that limit creativity for ease of use (I'm looking at YOU TierTac/almost every OTHER weapon pack out there.)

Picture the amount of prop bricks/brick packs that will appear when maps go away and the mappers create terrain pieces for bricks. See the inherit problem?

Add in we already got huge datablock hogs that limit creativity for ease of use (I'm looking at YOU TierTac/almost every OTHER weapon pack out there.)
Props are terrible and require 1,000 times the amount processing power to render than bricks.

And stop installing every loving weapon you find.

How many people are currently developing Blockland? Who?