Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430078 times)

Oddly enough, I still have not met anyone in-game who isn't in favor of shadows.

Anyways, I saw a post a while back that said that you should be able to use terrains if you toggle shadows off. I think you should consider this.

I don't know. The only things I like from the default terrains is the "We Can Do It!" poster and skiing.

Stuff like this is what makes me happy about the upcoming update. More awesome builds :D

Anyways, I saw a post a while back that said that you should be able to use terrains if you toggle shadows off. I think you should consider this.
No, this has been answered way too many times. Terrains and interiors are both going. No loopholes. No workarounds.

so you support interiors and terrain? cool.

yes obviously, and i could support them a lot, or i could barely support them. It is for you to interpret in the context of the rest of that message.
sheesh TRY READIN NEXT TIME

I don't get it, can someone explain this to me?  Inb4obscuremlpreference.
king daro failed then random noobs copied me -_-

I don't get it, can someone explain this to me?  Inb4obscuremlpreference.

my little pony reference, the comment afterward was a laugh.

king daro failed then random noobs copied me -_-
i'm sure i did.

Free fanart for Kompressor and Badspot

actually that image can already be applied to V8

oh the good old zombies mod

back on topic: What will determine shadows appearing or not? Rendering?

I cant wait to see an evented garage door open and the sun come shining through inch by inch.

snip

That's sylvanor for you though.  He loves building realistic towers and downtown cities and this is not really anything new that he has done.

I actually agree with Brian Smith: this is Blockland, that game where you build stuff, not play on pre-made maps.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:53:47 PM by Electrk »

^OH stuff HAHA
I hope you get a chain ban for that.
There is no point of doing this as it is not in any way related to talking about shaders or shadows.

Question for Kompressor, Will shaders be client or server sided and if a host and all other players are running with shaders and shadows with affect the server's speed or latency?

They are client-sided and since they are client-sided they will not affect the server unless the host is lagging on a non-dedi.