Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425186 times)

This all looks amazing, this is honestly what I had in my mind to perfect blockland.

I do have one thing I would like answered:  Since this update will require more building, will it be easier to build larger objects?  

I do know about the terrain bricks idea that has been floating around, but just how big would these bricks be, and how would they work?

OYUS THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!!

I used to hate the fact that Blockland would just randomly update without giving anyone any ideas. But I think I actually like it now, it suprises us and keeps us on our toes.

You guys are incredible, you took a game engine that was designed for games in 2001 and you added awesome shadows in 2012. I really admire you guys. Keep up the work, keep adding more features and you guys are going to have to get more forum moderators some day. (The community will be larger)

Just to be sure: You all know at least the first screenshot is a DOF one, right? The game won't look THAT good by default.

Just to be sure: You all know at least the first screenshot is a DOF one, right? The game won't look THAT good by default.
Speaking of which, DOF for far away stuff when you're walking around would look awesome.

Well, I have an idea that might fix our "no terrain/interior maps" problem.

Upon starting a server you have options to either build the land yourself, or have the land pre-built for you, but it can be edited and made to your exact liking with an add-on that lets you generate the "brick terrain", Which could add oceans/lakes, mountains, beaches, plains, deserts, etc... Kinda how the Terrain generator works.

And with the vehicle physics, Well, lets hope they get an upgrade to something far better, something that isn't complete stuff and wont be glitchy.

Actually, the second one is too.

kompressor, could we see some normal screenshots?

I've been saying forever that I'd easily pay another 20 dollars for such a beautiful lighting system, and now I don't even have to do that.

You guys are loving amazing I love you so much!  Seriously!!!  I can't express how happy this made me!  This made my day!  I love you I love you I love you Iloveyouu

Blockland has literally completely changed itself to this day.

I have a question though:  Will this new lighting system fix the glow-in-the-dark textures?  Ex:  when your blockhead has a colored Torso decal on, or there's a print on a brick and they glow in dark maps?  pleeeease say that's fixed!!  I will love you so much more!

Edit: I'm going to assume by the second pic that it is fixed cause the prints on the sign look darker in the shadow!! :D

I've been saying forever that I'd easily pay another 20 dollars for such a beautiful lighting system, and now I don't even have to do that.

You guys are loving amazing I love you so much!  Seriously!!!  I can't express how happy this made me!  This made my day!  I love you I love you I love you Iloveyouu
Imagine your medieval RP looking like this :D

Edit: I'm going to assume by the second pic that it is fixed cause the prints on the sign look darker in the shadow!! :D
Will faces and decals still glow in the dark?

Depends. It will probably stay the same.
I think the reflection in picture #2 needs to be slightly smaller and dimmed a little

There is no support for reflections. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:32:53 PM by kompressor »

Imagine your medieval RP looking like this :D
I think the reflection in picture #2 needs to be slightly smaller and dimmed a little

There is no support for reflections. -- kompressor
its not a reflection I believe that's a transparent brick

its not a reflection I believe that's a transparent brick
then how does it work in picture #1?

There are no reflections with the new update. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:36:34 PM by kompressor »

But.. but... but.... if this happens, some of the good servers will die such as nobots death race.

There are no reflections with the new update. -- kompressor
oh.. my bad  :cookieMonster:

I assume shadow for an undulo'd brick will move too?

Yes -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:41:10 PM by kompressor »