Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430259 times)

I'll miss the bedroom and kitchen.

Will there be the possibility of user-created shaders? So people can add water reflection and other things if they can figure it out?

Shader source will be available. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:42:42 AM by kompressor »

Will there be a possibility to keep certain users (such as Megascience) in the shadows while in the server in order to remain unseen?

Will there be a possibility to keep certain users (such as Megascience) in the shadows while in the server in order to remain unseen?

You're such a silly goose, you know that?

My computer will probably not be able to run this, but I'm happy that this can be turned of.

Though I'll miss bedroom a tiny little bit, this is certainly a change for the better. Proper shadows is probably the single most requested feature for Blockland. Now it's finally happening!
Good job!

No. -- kompressor
Darn.
Light will go through transparent bricks in general though, right? Or rather, they just won't cast a shadow?

Ah I see.

time to go purchase the new graphics card. brb ;3

So will this fix issues with dynamic lights, as in the picture below?:

It will be much improved. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:03:02 AM by kompressor »

man, its gonna feel weird logging into bl to see bedroom and kitchen and slopes be gone, those maps are like, icons to BL, but i guess we do have to move on :C

it'll be mostly worth it though, those shadows are lovey

I support this update entirely.

So what I see here is that we're going to lose all of our "special" maps like kitchen and bedroom? Including the player made maps that people have made in the past?

Isn't it still possible to keep the interior and exterior maps? If not, why?

No. See discussion in original post. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:16:51 AM by kompressor »

I dunno if someone asked this already but when it comes, will there be a option to turn on and off shadows and shaders? I ask this because from the looks of it the shiny reflection that comes from bricks (which is how it'd look in real life I take this into account) may wreck a few builds. I obviously have not seen it on other builds so I can't tell if it really will make some builds weird (I think some terrains will end up wonky with the shine) but... If there isn't an option well that's fine, I think there's ways to work around it (raycasted, collision, non-rendered bricks over builds?)

EDIT: Just re-read the second Q&A, answered my question well.

Keep up the good work.

By the way maybe we can have a wall-less ceiling-less version of the Bedroom and Kitchen haha.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:23:29 AM by Flamecannon »

Do you think we could modify the shader?

Yes, but it's not our fault if you break it. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:25:13 AM by kompressor »

speechless

took long enough actually