2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]

Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 429401 times)

As I posted a few gajillion pages ago, I for one, and I'm sure everyone else as well, want more pictures.
I have one build in particular that I would appreciate seeing, but it could be anything. I just want to know what the new lighting looks like on dark maps.
Also, the plastic-ey look that the light gives to the bricks, I do not like. It's all very well most of the time, but when you're going for realistic buildings, I don't know if that would work well.

wait wait

how about terrain maps arent removed, but will be unavailable in the map selection if shaders are on

that way blockland won't die for the veteran players

What's going to be different with slate?

But bedroom and all those awesome terrain maps :c
I don't think shadows and shaders are worth giving up those two things but all well

Kind of makes me wonder if anything will happen to the Maps and Mapping Help subforums.

Any word on this yet?

And what about the mission editor?

Will Slate just have it's own custom gui for edits or...?

Maybe they will be deleted?

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Will things like Pearl and Chrome paint effects be effected by the shaders?
Possibly not.

According to the 2nd picture, transparent bricks are not affected.

Deathrider's idea became true.

Here something Demian posted a while before this topic has been made.

Here's some food for though:

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:43:22 AM by MrLoL »

Someone posted about this but anywas, can you create 2 options in the game? One for the shaders and the other for the terrain. If shaders get disabled then you have the option of enabling terrain. But if shadong is enabled then the option for terrain is disabled.

If you do this you would also have to add a property for online servers called "Terrain". This checks if a player that is trying to join a server with terrain has terrain enabled, if not then a mssg would come up saying he needs to enable it to join the gane

One more thing, will this also fix brick-lights on big bricks placed next to each-other?