Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 428341 times)

Then stop trying to recreate slopes and do something original god damn it
lol its not just the slopes. brick terrain is done in small areas (even block party is small) compared to terrain. terrain repeats and bricks don't. that's why i support it. now if we somehow got smooth bricks, better physics, and implemented my terrain brick suggestion, then all is good!

in order to do anything close to what a terrain can do with bricks now, would take too many bricks. map terrain has its uses over brick terrain AND it's more efficient.

Kind of makes me wonder if anything will happen to the Maps and Mapping Help subforums.

keep interiors, it gives us people who suck at building good places to goof off in
You could easily goof off in a loaded build or someone else's server.

I'd be willing to wait 3 more years for both.

Kind of makes me wonder if anything will happen to the Maps and Mapping Help subforums.

With the amount of slate edits, nothing noticeable :cookieMonster:

we'll probably end up with terrain bricks, unofficial or not. sort of a foregone conclusion on that end

block party is small by necessity. you're only allowed to use 64x64 areas, and it's generally accepted you shouldn't claim entire masses of areas to turn into one single forest or something

You could easily goof off in a loaded build or someone else's server.

this seems to be mine and barn's only claims to fame

also we're good at what we do, so there's that.

Probably just keep them because nobody but Lord Tony goes to either.

I still think that they'll go right on ahead with the shadows and stuff because they don't like interiors and terrains.

R.I.P. Bedroom, you will be forever missed, you were my favorite map of all time. I guese this is still cool though since we always needed this. I'll miss you forever though bedroom.

so i wonder how the shadows will work underwater :o

R.I.P. Bedroom, you will be forever missed, you were my favorite map of all time. I guese this is still cool though since we always needed this. I'll miss you forever though bedroom.

we'll always have new nostalgia

ACM city might end up claiming that, or afghan dm

i mean hell, afghan DM sort of already is nostalgic

so i wonder how the shadows will work underwater :o
Probably the same as they do above water because water is a brick now anyways.

wouldn't water bricks cast shadows too, though

i mean they're still bricks

Probably the same as they do above water because water is a brick now anyways.
Really? Even killing off waterblocks?

wouldn't water bricks cast shadows too, though

i mean they're still bricks
The transparent brick in the screenshot doesn't cast a shadow. I'm guessing light will just pass through it.