Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425316 times)

I wonder what lights in the dark will look like now.

And rooms without lights.

It'd be neat if someone made an editor or something that could export to .bls.

I would probably pay money for something like that.

and maybe something similar that generated terrain.

If I knew enough about C++ I would definitely do that.

One word YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA
 :cookieMonster: :cookie:

And maybe... DIRECTIONAL LIGHTS!!! :D

(like, a flashlight)

I am amazed at how far Blockland is coming with these new updates since v20. However about the new look, I think that you should make it so you have the option to switch from the old to the new at will.

(like, a flashlight)

:D!

(like, a flashlight)

(like, a flashlight)

forget yes

(like, a flashlight)

EDIT:
Damnit Ike.

(like, a flashlight)

and maybe a fix for dark map cheating D:!

You know what? This should not be released until all vehicle, physics, etc. bugs are fixed. The bugs that were left in since they didn't apply to terrain and interiors. Driving on them, the obvious things. Otherwise, we'll be dealing with a huge amount of broken/no-longer-functional things for a while.

I am amazed at how far Blockland is coming with these new updates since v20. However about the new look, I think that you should make it so you have the option to switch from the old to the new at will.
Gosh if only people could read!

We will probably initially release shadows with a toggle to turn them ON, then later have them on by default.

You know what? This should not be released until all vehicle, physics, etc. bugs are fixed. The bugs that were left in since they didn't apply to terrain and interiors. Driving on them, the obvious things. Otherwise, we'll be dealing with a huge amount of broken/no-longer-functional things for a while.
Except not as long as you think because they said they could work a lot faster with interiors and terrain out of the way.

This. People consider what you are asking for before worshipping kompressor's work

Gosh if only people could

How do you integrate interiors into an engine now rebuilt not to handle them?

and maybe a fix for dark map cheating D:!

I wonder if faces and decals will still glow in the dark, and if we will still have those ugly white lines.