Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425266 times)

Except not as long as you think because they said they could work a lot faster with interiors and terrain out of the way.

Yeah, exactly what i was going to say. Once they remove the hard to work with code, they can move forward with new features.

I shat
Brick the
Size of
Boobs

How do you integrate interiors into an engine now rebuilt not to handle them?
You... don't..? What are you trying to say?

if terrain was made by bricks that were planted by the host, than you need build trust with everyone on the server, which will be annoying. do not want unless if you can merge the 2 together.

Selfish desires?  You do realise that a lot of the original concepts for this game pertain to terrain, right?

I'm sure more fantastic and unique concepts will be made by players. I don't think that the whole game is hinged on the idea of terrains etc. They were always simply an excuse to not build, that said I completely agree with Mega.

Oh my god.
OH MY GOD.

This is incredible. I think I just might get into the game again because of this.

You know, I just want more pictures.
I have a build that I'd love to know how would look, as the entire point of it is the lighting. I'm also sure that everyone wants more pictures of this, as it's simply beautiful.

Reworked trust system where there's a "Map" player by default, which you can build on but can't delete its bricks ever.

I'm sure more fantastic and unique concepts will be made by players. I don't think that the whole game is hinged on the idea of terrains etc. They were always simply an excuse to not build, that said I completely agree with Mega.
It was NEVER an excuse not to build.  People do not have the ability to reproduce such scale without either A: the build looking absolutely horrible or B: the server lagging like a mother forgeter.  Terrain is a medium to which we build, not an excuse to ignore it.

You... don't..? What are you trying to say?
Interiors made this game special by making the player feel as if they were something working on something left behind by other unknowns. It also forced creative/problem solving building by preventing players from just doing stuff, as well as providing an environment to mold. Look at the mythology build and althur. Would those work as just plain bricks?

they weren't always an excuse not to build. in the first days of blockland, and still today, they are doing what users can't. You can't duplicate terrain well out of bricks! You can't do close to what they can with bricks!

Wehrmachts List of Wants

• Redesigned Physics- more realistic representation of physics, have them react better with other things
  • Support for emitters and (maybe) items sticking to bricks even when fakekilled.
  • Directional lights-flashlings, etc
  • new designs or models that the player can use, better female character support?

also this means having no more dogfights unless they're close as a motherforgeter

Interiors made this game special by making the player feel as if they were something working on something left behind by other unknowns. It also forced creative/problem solving building by preventing players from just doing stuff, as well as providing an environment to mold. Look at the mythology build and althur. Would those work as just plain bricks?
This stands as a solid point to the general reasonability of having terrain.

they weren't always an excuse not to build. in the first days of blockland, and still today, they are doing what users can't. You can't duplicate terrain well out of bricks! You can't do close to what they can with bricks!

This is as good as it will get guys. :C