Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425276 times)

also this means having no more dogfights unless they're close as a motherforgeter
jorgur's dogfight. classic blockland deathmatching that CANNOT be redone with bricks.
This stands as a solid point to the general reasonability of having terrain.
agreed. having to work with your surroundings is cool.

QUICK I gotta generate all the old terrain maps out of bricks :C

-snip-
This is as good as it will get guys. :C

I actually think that looks much better than a terrain map

if terrain was made by bricks that were planted by the host, than you need build trust with everyone on the server, which will be annoying. do not want unless if you can merge the 2 together.
Good idea bringing this up. Legitimate concern. :(

But yeah, possibly:
Reworked trust system where there's a "Map" player by default, which you can build on but can't delete its bricks ever.
except let the host and maybe admins delete the bricks.

Interiors made this game special by making the player feel as if they were something working on something left behind by other unknowns. It also forced creative/problem solving building by preventing players from just doing stuff, as well as providing an environment to mold. Look at the mythology build and althur. Would those work as just plain bricks?
I still don't get why you're directing this at me.

I actually think that looks much better than a terrain map
it works much worse than one, sorry.

Sorry chrono, not trying to direct arguments at you, just in general

also this means having no more dogfights unless they're close as a motherforgeter

Actally, this could potentially be solved by using large expanses of large baseplates, covered with easy-dupe terrain.

I just now read the OP in full, now I'm sad that maps like Slopes and Bedroom will be gone. Is there a chance that maps like them could ever be re-implemented into the game, or that some kind of method for terrain/interior-like stuff be created?

Also, add videos?

Wehrmachts List of Wants

• Redesigned Physics- more realistic representation of physics, have them react better with other things
  • Support for emitters and (maybe) items sticking to bricks even when fakekilled.
  • Directional lights-flashlings, etc
  • new designs or models that the player can use, better female character support?
Can you ever be happy with what you have?

Actually, you could just build two islands far apart on a slate water map, and then add more for variety.

I like how after 20 pages of 'omg awesome have my babbys'...
legitimate concerns are actually being heard.

This is as good as it will get guys. :C

Ramp baseplates, fixed your jeep driving problem.

Wait..
If there's no interiors or terrain won't you just fall forever when you spawn?

Can you ever be happy with what you have?

they are suggestions lol, and i think they would be good to be added with the game

I am so excited...

... I cannot wait, this is incredible.

Actually, you could just build two islands far apart on a slate water map, and then add more for variety.
What about land vehicles?
I like how after 20 pages of 'omg awesome have my babbys'...
legitimate concerns are actually being heard.
QFT