Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425233 times)

1) I'd like to add to what - was it destiny? - said earlier. Not only are interior/terrain maps generally textured and themed very poorly, but terrain maps blend VERY badly with bricks. Placing bricks on slopes is awkward and sometimes generates weird placement errors, and if you do manage to place them they're cut off at weird angles that don't fit with the game.

2) I really, really hope that actual player-placed lights will cause similar dynamic effects. I know my opinion doesn't matter much but I love to build on dark maps with ambient colored lights placed around. At least to me, a lot of the initial positive reaction to this update would be lost without this inclusion. Regardless, I'll continue to support the update (not that it matters). Great step forward and congratz to you two.

Hmm okay.

Will there be a tutorial design contest? It would be nice to see what we can do with it. However, the applicants will need to have a beta version of this.

Is there away to redo the bedroom? It was so many memories, so many saves and so many cool secrets! I wish it wouldn't have to go, like I said could the bedroom be remastered?

Is there away to redo the bedroom? It was so many memories, so many saves and so many cool secrets! I wish it wouldn't have to go, like I said could the bedroom be remastered?

Bedroom is an Interior, all interiors will be 'broken'.

The map will be a flat map, like slate.

Zor's Bedroom save is a near perfect replica of the Bedroom in brick form including secrets

The bedroom is available as a default(iirc) save on slate.
Hmm okay.

Will there be a tutorial design contest? It would be nice to see what we can do with it. However, the applicants will need to have a beta version of this.
Or just build it and post a save and some pictures of it.

I am really lightening up to this idea, it sounds like it will be great. Although I am still saddened by the loss of some terrain maps.

stuff
this means i gotta do full life consequences 2 what has tobe done before this stuff
when is the update got any idea is it after the summer

Kompressor do you think we could see some more screen shots please?

The onl thing that disturbs me is how the only maps will just be plates with an image.
It just seems so boring to me. I mean I know people are going to be lik build on it, but I mean I just remember the fun I had exploring all the interiors and terrains.

You people are right, but what about all the bedroom saves people have made? And the default saves?

Made my assumption a bit more accurate.
  • Pixel Shader 2.0+
  • OpenGL 1.4+ for most (not sure how well, it should support shaders) support, OpenGL 2.0+ for full support
  • Possibly a little more video RAM than the current requirement

You people are right, but what about all the bedroom saves people have made? And the default saves?

Saves wont be lost, I dont think.

I imagine this has already been asked, but can't you leave it as switching it on and off? I'm sure people would prefer that, so if you wanted to build something with shadows, you could, and later do something in the bedroom. It would be more tolerable, I hate to see those maps go.

The onl thing that disturbs me is how the only maps will just be plates with an image.
It just seems so boring to me. I mean I know people are going to be lik build on it, but I mean I just remember the fun I had exploring all the interiors and terrains.
Yeah that's the main reason I'm kinda sad about it, but if you think about it; now more people will build their own secrets (such as caves on terrain maps that you can explore, and such), even moreso than there is now.

I'm guessing they'll be (if they aren't already) set so they can be loaded on a flatmap normally.