2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]

Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430938 times)

No. That's only if you want every light to cast shadows.

So that equation is only if the shadows were coded to cast shadows from every light?

Got one for the current way it's coded?

So that equation is only if the shadows were coded to cast shadows from every light?

Got one for the current way it's coded?

You'll have to try it when it comes out.

The suspense is killing me.
 :cookieMonster:

So I'm assuming shadows won't show if the brick has ray-casting off, correct?

I'm waiting out for some more awesome screenshots myself

So I'm assuming shadows won't show if the brick has ray-casting off, correct?

Shadows are not raycasting. If bricks are visible and opaque they will cast shadows.

I know, but i was curious of it's possible to make a semi-transparent brick cast a semi-transparent shadow

Yes, it is possible. No, we will not support this in this update.

How well would Brick Physics affect shadows? Would fake killed bricks render a shadow as well?

Yes.

its there going to be a 4th option to not have shadows on that bricks?
example:
ray casting
collision
rendering
shadows/shaders/light afective

Probably not.

Yes.

Probably not.
Is this update going to be kind of "laying the groundwork" of shadows/shaders, with future updates improving them?

Is this update going to be kind of "laying the groundwork" of shadows/shaders, with future updates improving them?
Seems like it

Everyone hated v9 when all their add-on died. It didn't take long for better ones to come. Blocklanders are creative, I'm sure we will have neat brick terrains very shortly after this update.

Everyone hated v9 when all their add-on died. It didn't take long for better ones to come. Blocklanders are creative, I'm sure we will have neat brick terrains very shortly after this update.

V9 was neither a graphical update nor did it spell the end of a component of Blockland. But fakekilled bricks also casting shadows helps in sealing the deal with me.

Lord of Shadows
Collectible Item

This item will turn Isaac's tears black and poison enemies for 2.5 seconds. Tears will make temporary holes in the ground which enemies will fall through (excluding bosses).

(It's fanart if you didn't know.)

OH LORD HE'S INVISIBLE HAHAHAHA

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:58:02 PM by PowerDag »

SVG doesn't work well with image tags i think

SVG doesn't work well with image tags i think
Seems to work fine for me, although the little shadow effect under Isaac-Kompressor lost it's scalability.