Author Topic: [Open Discussion] Mapping in v21 with Modular Set Pieces  (Read 13784 times)

If this is put in, I will have found one of my new favorite games.

Edit: Oh, hey, wait, any ideas about tunnels and other underground things?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:33:11 PM by Mith »

Oh my god I think I am now with the update and no longer against it.

Wait is this just a suggestion and not actually made?
It's not actually made, but it's nothing extraordinary. You just have to make some models and use a blb exporter. The point is, it's very possible for the community to implement.

It's not actually made, but it's nothing extraordinary. You just have to make some models and use a blb exporter. The point is, it's very possible for the community to implement.
Yeah I cant get the blb exporter working, but i thought this stuff was like generated. Eather way, I do want to see this done.

If these come out, even without v21, we may see less 'Afganastan' DMs even :p

Will these set pieces possibly be able to have brick textures applied onto them, and if so, could they cope with the lighting of normal bricks?

Bricks textures for archs and such, because if a certain map was meant to be in blockland style for building, I believe it should have the texture.

Experimenting with some more stuff. I'm probably going to end up getting rid of the 'steps' on the other one and make the edges the same on all of the so I can make height difference, hill bricks, etc.

Will these set pieces possibly be able to have brick textures applied onto them, and if so, could they cope with the lighting of normal bricks?

Bricks textures for archs and such, because if a certain map was meant to be in blockland style for building, I believe it should have the texture.
Set pieces are basically bricks so they will behave in every way bricks normally do. You won't be able to put them inside of each other, they'll light up and cast shadows, you'll be able to apply events and effects to them, and you can put different textures on them or even decals.

Set pieces are basically bricks so they will behave in every way bricks normally do. You won't be able to put them inside of each other, they'll light up and cast shadows, you'll be able to apply events and effects to them, and you can put different textures on them or even decals.
Applying decals would be cool.

Is anyone working on an actual set of pieces to release, or has it just been experimenting so far?

Wedge, you may have just saved us all. Will these particular peices ever be released?

It's time for me to start learning how to mod, isn't it.

Is anyone working on an actual set of pieces to release, or has it just been experimenting so far?
I'm going to start trying, I'll probably get stuck once I need to turn them into bricks. But with a good conversion tool...

WELL.

I have created a open-source brick creator that is extremely easy-to-use, and it's free to download.
It makes creating bricks very easy, almost anyone could use this program.
Click Here to go to the project page on google project hosting.

WELL.

I have created a open-source brick creator that is extremely easy-to-use, and it's free to download.
It makes creating bricks very easy, almost anyone could use this program.
Click Here to go to the project page on google project hosting.
That makes cuboid bricks. If you really do not know how to write 3 sets of numbers and one string into a text file you should no be using a computer. It is extremely simple to figure out how to make your own cuboid bricks by looking at the existing files.

The future and the McEdit of Blockland.
Touches my hearth.