Author Topic: I made my first bong today NOW A DEBATE ON POT  (Read 17536 times)

Assuming THC is one of the main bad chemicals (it damages and impairs brain cells), it's like you took out the plant bit and just take part of the drug end.

But, the plant bit has nothing to do with the THC. It doesn't lessen the amount or anything. All the tar and such is gone, so therefore you should have a different opinion about doing it.

GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA

WHY DON'T WE HATE ON PEOPLE FOR HOW THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE THEIR LIFE BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT THAN HOW WE LIVE OURS AND THAT MEANS IT'S UNHEALTHY AND BAD!!

I don't think that weed is addictive and rehab is necessary. It's not dangerous nor is it "bad." In fact, some people use it as medication and it helps them. That's why I can't stand people who only smoke it because they think it makes them look cool.
I like how you're trying to defend something that's ruining the lives of many people.
Smoking weed is bad and you should feel bad.

I like how you're trying to defend an addiction that's leeching your money and slowly driving your life off the rails.
Smoking weed is bad and you should feel bad.

^

idiot

you don't have to be a drug junkie to think that someone could just be lying to you and be selling you rat poison in a pill
If you have a fear that a pharmacist could be selling you a pill that contains dangerous substances then that is a phobia.
Possibly an unfounded one, but a phobia.
You don't know at all that any of the drugs in there are dangerous to you, although you should be aware that pharmacists don't make their drugs and as such, they arrive to the pharmacy as they are. So unless a company out there is mass-producing rat poison and sending it out, you have little reason to fear a pill from a doctor.

Whereas you should have a larger fear over cannabis that you get from a dealer.
Who knows what they have put in it?
It would be very easy for them to mix it with Tobacco, which you know is dangerous.
There could be absolutely no hygiene involved with the handling of your cannabis.

It's much more dangerous to take drugs from a dealer (Or a friend, who probably got it from a dealer) than it is to take those mass-produced and thoroughly examined and individually checked pills from a pharmacist. (Batch checked, obviously)

YOu know what else damages brain cells? Accidentally banging your head into stuff.
Do I do that daily? Yes. Have I smoked weed? Yes. Am I in the top 10% of my senior class? Yes. Did I get a full ride to college? Yes.
Just quoting this over because I want a response from those who say it kills brain cells.

GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA

WHY DON'T WE HATE ON PEOPLE FOR HOW THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE THEIR LIFE BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT THAN HOW WE LIVE OURS AND THAT MEANS IT'S UNHEALTHY AND BAD!!
loving vegans and bible junkies in a nutshell

but you understand there is a difference between recreational pot smokers and "potheads", yes?

but you understand there is a difference between recreational pot smokers and "potheads", yes?
They're both addicted with smoking, what's the difference?

Just quoting this over because I want a response from those who say it kills brain cells.
I don't think there is considerable proof that it does that, but just because if it does and you aren't dumb doesn't make your argument right.

Smoking Tobbaco is well-known to lead to cancers of the mouth, lungs and throat as well as stimulate many other diseases including simple asthma.
Decades of research have proved this and led to further discoveries into the toxic side of smoking.
Now, it is often said that smoking 20 a day will dramatically decrease the length of your life.
But, hey, there's a 90 year old lady who has been smoking tobacco since she was 20 years old.
How could she possibly live so long if she smokes her 20 a day and has done for 70 odd years?

Well, clearly we have to throw out all our research because one case doesn't match our findings.

Or you know, perhaps her specific environment or genetic structure has made her less susceptible to the illnesses that are often caused by smoking, or perhaps it's just sheer luck.
Just because one person isn't effected doesn't mean that the dangers don't exist.

While I don't personally believe that cannabis use does lead to the damage of brain-cells, I can't agree with your argument for it is poorly founded.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:02:09 PM by sir dooble »

They're both addicted with smoking, what's the difference?

weed is not addictive