Author Topic: Ragdolls :D  (Read 7013 times)

Pay Badspot a huge sum of money and only then can you have this.

Do you mean The Ballinator, cannon?

The body falling apart is a good idea. Adding onto that idea, if it's possible maybe you could make it so that if you get shot gun something really powerful, the parts would fly the correct distance. Don't make a pistol make the body parts fly really far or make the rocket launcher not blast them anywhere at all.

should be way easier then true ragdoll, since the limbs on blockos dont bend much

Not possible with torque, unless Badspot wanted to code and entire physics library.

Hmm, I think as long as this game has a physics engine, which it does, you should be able to make ragdolls. I'm not perfectly sure and dont bash on me for saying this, but I think all you need to do is set the parts used for animation and set them to move automatically in any direction when you die. That part of the body could then collide with the interiors or whatever you hit.

What I would do with ragdoll: Attatch Remote Bomb to a vehicle (hopefully a stunt plane). When they get in I will watch them fly around then when they try to do a fancy trick, KABOOM!'Then watch thier ash-covered ragdoll fly out of the plane! :cookieMonster:

well i got a script where when you die you become as close as blockland come to a ragdoll. its made by zor

Hmm, I think as long as this game has a physics engine, which it does, you should be able to make ragdolls. I'm not perfectly sure and dont bash on me for saying this, but I think all you need to do is set the parts used for animation and set them to move automatically in any direction when you die. That part of the body could then collide with the interiors or whatever you hit.

What I would do with ragdoll: Attatch Remote Bomb to a vehicle (hopefully a stunt plane). When they get in I will watch them fly around then when they try to do a fancy trick, KABOOM!'Then watch thier ash-covered ragdoll fly out of the plane! :cookieMonster:

Yes, but if you want ragdoll physics, each time you get hit, it has to calculate where you got hit, and calculate the correct direction in which it would fly, and how hard it should fly, on top of all that, it would also have to calculate even more physics each time you hit the interior.
Torque does not have the capability of the Havok physics engine, sadly.

well i got a script where when you die you become as close as blockland come to a ragdoll. its made by zor
Link please :P

Really? I think torque can handle it. If it can handle jeep collisions, im sure it can handle body collisions.

Really? I think torque can handle it. If it can handle jeep collisions, im sure it can handle body collisions.
If you've noticed the jeep collisions are simple, and quite bad.
You're asking for ragdoll physics.
This would lag, especially in a DM, where about 5 people can die at once.

look at lego does it bend easily? no, i like ski crash its perfect for it i just need that death mod now... and if you want a game with phisics look into ps3 and havok engine good ol tony hawk falls and ragdoll fighting on untold legends

Tony hawk falling does not have any ragdoll physics behind it.
(if you mean the video games)  :cookieMonster:

The Torque "Ragdoll" Animation pack doesn't have much "ragdoll" psychics behind it. Its 72 animation for each death direction and types of death. Nothing special other then allot of hours put into the animations and scripting.