Poll

Do you agree with the OP?

100% - Yes, It's like the OP read my mind.
75% - Yes, I think most of what I've read holds true.
50% - Meh, Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't.
25% - No, For the most part, I don't really see any of this, but I can agree with a few things.
0% - No, The OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Author Topic: Blockland Today - The Fun Is Missing... Or is it?  (Read 22205 times)

If I could find a way to motivate my creative side to putting the time and effort into building something fantastic and fun I would, but I'm fresh out of motivation of the sort.
read topic
???
profit

maybe these!"noobs" host good servers. you guys should stop limiting yourself to popular servers or hosts you know. the servers dont suck you guys just cant have fun
I host my own server to build, or go to servers like yours or Pecon's. Every time I browse I don't find something decent, other than these two servers. Occasionally I host a TDM that's half-successful, but I have yet to get 10+ players since Strategic Riverside TDM.

what ISP do you use and what is your up speed

Although i am rather "knew" to this community, (next month will be my first total year on blockland) And, i agree. The servers that are hosted these days. Pecon's, Cat123's server. They arent rightfully supposed to be there, in my opinion. I mean, there are a ton of servers that deserve that spot more. And, the newer members are beginning to start downfalls in servers. Not to be ID tribal, But the newer guys are beginning to take up the server into their own hands and demanding stuff that should never be done. I am not expecting any reply or flaming of this post. This is all my opinion....

maybe these!"noobs" host good servers. you guys should stop limiting yourself to popular servers or hosts you know. the servers dont suck you guys just cant have fun
This. RP servers are popular because that's what the younger audience of the game have fun with.

Although i am rather "knew" to this community, (next month will be my first total year on blockland) And, i agree. The servers that are hosted these days. Pecon's, Cat123's server. They arent rightfully supposed to be there, in my opinion. I mean, there are a ton of servers that deserve that spot more. And, the newer members are beginning to start downfalls in servers. Not to be ID tribal, But the newer guys are beginning to take up the server into their own hands and demanding stuff that should never be done. I am not expecting any reply or flaming of this post. This is all my opinion....
I doubt you're actually 16, but you seem like a pretty nice guy. However you also seem like the kind of person who will be driven out of this community. Don't let the older members discourage you.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:04:03 PM by Tammy »

I really should try to spend more time playing the game, and less time making vehicles and doors for it.

But I do feel that Blockland needs more active players. We should promote the shiznit out of it after the shader update happens.

I really should try to spend more time playing the game, and less time making vehicles and doors for it.

But I do feel that Blockland needs more active players. We should promote the shiznit out of it after the shader update happens.
This ^

This. RP servers are popular because that's what the younger audience of the game have fun with.
I doubt you're actually 16, but you seem like a pretty nice guy. However you also seem like the kind of person who will be driven out of this community. Don't let the older members discourage you.
I never said i was 16. i am 13 going on 14. And trust me, i will not be driven out of this community. I love the community itself. And i respect the members.

promoting the game only leads to more new people?

if you mean promoting it to players already playing it and telling them to host, then i'm all for it.

new people are good
That's a rather black and white statement don't you think?
I don't know about you, but change isn't always a good. Not that I'm for or against the idea of getting new players.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:12:37 PM by Rykuta »

promoting the game only leads to more new people?

if you mean promoting it to players already playing it and telling them to host, then i'm all for it.
New people does mean more newbie weird kids
but it also means more potential phydeoux's, bushido's, kaje's, rotondo's, redguy's, heedicalking's, etc.

Blockland is still fun. You're playing it wrong

New people does mean more newbie weird kids
but it also means more potential phydeoux's, bushido's, kaje's, rotondo's, redguy's, heedicalking's, etc.
This is true.

However, a lot of these current people need to stick out and mentor these new players.  They're not going to come rolling out of the blue.

I agree that a lot of servers are very uninteresting, very boring and overused.  Kinda like mainstream.

Blockland will never be popular. It is true that blockland started sucking socially around 2006, but that finally kicked up around 2011 oddly.

However, a lot of these current people need to stick out and mentor these new players. They're not going to come rolling out of the blue.
I volunteer myself for this task. Anyone else care to join?