Poll

Do you agree with the OP?

100% - Yes, It's like the OP read my mind.
75% - Yes, I think most of what I've read holds true.
50% - Meh, Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't.
25% - No, For the most part, I don't really see any of this, but I can agree with a few things.
0% - No, The OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Author Topic: Blockland Today - The Fun Is Missing... Or is it?  (Read 21864 times)

I will compile a list. People should start listing things?
My Ideas:
How to become a good builder.
Proper etiquette in the blockland community.
What to do to be liked.
How to host a good server.
What add-ons are best for good servers?

What else is there?

I will compile a list. People should start listing things?
My Ideas:
How to become a good builder.*
What to do to be liked.  A bit too controversial.
How to host a good server.  We need to get all the other stuff under the belt first.
What add-ons are best recommended for good servers?

What else is there?
*Add: Useful and efficient building techniques for good builds.

This is an educative group.  Try to be as neutral as possible, not to slam any discouraged practices too hard.

I'd love to be in on this; unfortunately, I'm stuck working most of this weekend.

EDIT: Second what Swat said.  Efficient builders can make stuff look good and sometimes help keep a server's brick count down.  Only you can prevent brick lag...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:39:37 PM by Sevara »

Okay. Rykuta, post this stuff on the main page so people get the idea.

Okay, updated list.

How to become a good builder.
Useful and efficient building techniques for good builds.
How to host a good server.
What add-ons are recommended for good servers?
The basics of handling blockland (Download and installing add-ons, managing add-ons, ect.)

You're playing it wrong.

I have to go for the night, it is midnight where I am, I will be on in about 4 - 5 hours. That's all the sleep I need.

Okay nevermind. I cannot get to bed, because I took a 4 hours nap earlier.

I want in. Blockland was my favorite game for years, and I still find Blockland to be rather close to my heart, for all the time i spent on it. However, I can't agree more with the OP. I know people change, I understand that the game has changed, but no game should ever change for the worst.

Yes, Blockland is more popular now. There are more users. But are you people really using THAT as an excuse, or rather, an explanation for the decline in quality? I'm with this movement 100% and I'll help anyway that I can. I have most knowledge in etiquette and hosting a server (in terms of serving the people, and keeping the server fun for everyone). Second most knowledge in building skill.

Let me know how I can help.

-snip-
Well written, and for since I am not the one deciding who should help with this or not, you would better of PMing Rykuta about this.

Only you can prevent brick lag...

I think you found our motto....

Lol this is the Blockland community, what qualifies as proper etiquette here?

Lol this is the Blockland community, what qualifies as proper etiquette here?
Not being a jack-ass troll.

ITT: A bunch of people who think they can magically make Blockland a utopia by trying to force their views on the people who are having fun doing what they like.

Ironically most of you are acting like your parents that you probably all hate and love to disobey. You are alarmed by the like the moral degradation of the community, just like your are alarmed the inevitable moral degradation of society.

Oh my--- How many times do I have to say this? This will be an OPTIONAL guide to helping a player be more like within Blockland. We are not FORCING PEOPLE to follow them.

Oh my--- How many times do I have to say this? This will be an OPTIONAL guide to helping a player be more like within Blockland. We are not FORCING PEOPLE to follow them.
Not necessarily the insulting the guide itself as much as the general principal that you think a sandbox game should be played a certain way.

In all reality I'm sure very few people who the guide is focused at will actually end up seeing it.

The reason the game isn't fun so much more isn't the younger players fault. It's yours. Don't just lay blame, think a little deeper.