Poll

Do you agree with the OP?

100% - Yes, It's like the OP read my mind.
75% - Yes, I think most of what I've read holds true.
50% - Meh, Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't.
25% - No, For the most part, I don't really see any of this, but I can agree with a few things.
0% - No, The OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Author Topic: Blockland Today - The Fun Is Missing... Or is it?  (Read 21863 times)

Blockland grew through time. The only blockland that is, or should I say was dying was the 0002 community, a long lost band of skiddies.

RIP Blockland
Nov 24, 2005
Sep 08, 2007
Feb 26, 2009
Jun 29, 2009
Jul 27, 2010
Aug 15, 2010
Feb 23, 2012

Blockland isn't dying... but the ability of its players to interact socially without stabbing each other in T/DMs may be a little bit wounded.  Just a flesh wound, really.

Blockland isn't dying... but the ability of its players to interact socially without stabbing each other in T/DMs may be a little bit wounded.  Just a flesh wound, really.
Badspot was pointing out that tons of these topic were posted but blockland never died. Even though this post is not about Blockland dieing, he still posted it.

Even though this post is not about Blockland dieing, he still posted it.

yes it is. he didnt say it specifically word for word but its a standard blockland doom topic.

- all good things must come to an end
- I assumed Blockland would still have a couple of years on it yet
- What I'm here to discuss is the seeming downfall of Blockland as a form of entertainment
- I've seen a massive decline in overall gameplay and general fun
- It's a sad state to be into
- Is there hope for Blockland?
- we're not moving anywhere fast
the rest of his post just lists details of why he personally has gotten bored with the game, he dosnt realize he cites no real facts or stats regarding bad changes. He just simply has gotten bored with the game, and blames everyone else.

and my fav part of his post;
Did you know that the off-topic and drama sections of the forum have more posts than any of the others?
could this perhaps be because blockland is 1 topic, while off topic covers (insert large number here) everything else on earth?

i sum it all up as a gloom/doom ploy to advertise his lame youtube video project.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:30:44 PM by Bisjac »

and my fav part of his post;could this perhaps be because blockland is 1 topic, while off topic covers (insert large number here) everything else on earth?

i sum it all up as a gloom/doom ploy to advertise his lame youtube video project.

I think he was trying to point out how offtopic is the most active forum. People spend more time there than anywhere else in the forum, and some even more than the game itself. This contributes absolutely nothing to the Blockland game community. Idk why they do it, there are plenty of other forums on the internet that have more people with threads for anything and everything. Why would you go to a game's forum to discuss everything except the game? I do think it's good to have an offtopic so people can chitchat about other things besides the game, but it has become too much of a focal point.

And I don't see how this is a ploy to promote something he didn't think of doing until after the thread started...

he made this topic for the sole purpose of plugging his youtube stuff...

and all communties discuss all things.
do you really think everyone on the net joins 500 different forums to discuss a single thing on each one?
are you new to the internet?

there is nothing wrong with discussing any and all things in off topic. it dosnt say anything less about the user or community.

Except you missed my point.
I was asking how you can think the thread was created to promote something that was nonexistant at the time of the thread's creation? The thread started as a rant and then later the video idea was thought of.

And i said its totally fine to have off topic discussions, my problem with it is that it has become too much of a focal point. Go to any other game's forums and people are actively discussing that game more than anything. Come here and the majority of dicussion is in everything but the game.

something that was nonexistant at the time of the thread's creation?

no.... its in the op, and was since he created the topic

no.... its in the op, and was since he created the topic
The OP was edited genius. Everything under "New Development" wasnt there in the beginning.

oh my mistake, so i guess the topic was JUST a bitch fest of his boredom lol

thats even worse.

Yeah it started as a rant and then turned into a discussion about "getting started" and "tips and tricks" type videos. And them something about a clan now i think.

As far as I see Magick was 100% right.
I think it's the users that spent so much time on Blockland, became really popular, and then just lost interest because they had seen it all. Then it was off to the forums.

Why don't we collaborate on some fantastic new gamemode so Blockland doesn't have to be boring?

I kind of agree with this.

I'm sick of seeing Family RPs everywhere.

I agree. To many damn stupid servers.

As comment to your tutorials, those who SHOULD watch them, won't. BUT it will help some.