Poll

Do you agree with the OP?

100% - Yes, It's like the OP read my mind.
75% - Yes, I think most of what I've read holds true.
50% - Meh, Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't.
25% - No, For the most part, I don't really see any of this, but I can agree with a few things.
0% - No, The OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Author Topic: Blockland Today - The Fun Is Missing... Or is it?  (Read 21876 times)

I was thinking of a yellowish-orange to red gradient sky, with the orange at the bottom and ascending to red with some light, high clouds that are like lines. I wanna see if this is in a skybox already.

Like this?

EDIT: Photoshop ftw, and if you give more detail with the cloud thing, I can do that. Im sorry but I dont really know what you mean.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:46:06 AM by RFW2 »

That looks good with the gradient.

That looks good with the gradient.
/agree.
Nice work, RFW.

Also, here:

512x512 and 1024x1024. I didn't make them the same size because I didn't know if the type of resize was nearest neighbor or best quality.

Ill do both of those. Give me 10 mins or so.

EDIT: Im gonne centre them perfectly cus they are a bit out(or at least the first is).

EDIT 2: Its gonna be harder to do that, so if you jst want them those sizes, ill use my version and crop and redo background all at once.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:30:47 AM by RFW2 »

Ill do both of those. Give me 10 mins or so.

EDIT: Im gonne centre them perfectly cus they are a bit out(or at least the first is).

EDIT 2: Its gonna be harder to do that, so if you jst want them those sizes, ill use my version and crop and redo background all at once.

Mmkay. Thanks.

Also, the way I did this was getting a slate map, building the table, going WAY out, and zooming in and taking a screenshot. The stuff was originally white so a bit of image editing took care of it.

Done! Here they are:

EDIT: By the way, by my version, I ment the one I did first, and I didnt even end up doing that anyway, worked out a better way to do it.

Also, Nerest Neighbor is when you dont get partially see-thru pixels, they are all solid colours. And my ingame name is Roarz, RFW2 was just my name when I was about 11 and I started playing BL. I was probably such a noob back then xD
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:49:22 AM by RFW2 »

Done! Here they are:

EDIT: By the way, by my version, I ment the one I did first, and I didnt even end up doing that anyway, worked out a better way to do it.

Also, Nerest Neighbor is when you dont get partially see-thru pixels, they are all solid colours. And my ingame name is Roarz, RFW2 was just my name when I was about 11 and I started playing BL. I was probably such a noob back then xD

Nice work. :D

So does anyone actually know the steam group picture size?

And EDIT, just saw the request for more cloud detail. Sorry, I didn't read it.

See how the clouds are thin and patchy? Something like ^.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:03:00 AM by 300spartan »

Is it really worth realistic clouds, its blockland lol, but anyway, that would be sorta difficult to edit in. I can add some cool text if you want though?

And for the image size, I would just start the group, and check in the settings.

Is it really worth realistic clouds, its blockland lol, but anyway, that would be sorta difficult to edit in. I can add some cool text if you want though?

And for the image size, I would just start the group, and check in the settings.
Well, it really isn't. I guess you're right about that.

And some text would be along the lines of

- B - L - M - U -
   Blockland Mentor's Union

But in the blockland style font. If possible. It could just be white outlined impact or you could go through all the trouble to add the reflection and other effects.

All I have to do editing is Paint.net. :<

Ok, Ill try a few things, and see which you like best.

EDIT: Heres the first, and sorry about not putting them on imageshack. Forgot my account password, ill try and work that out soon.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:34:04 AM by RFW2 »

Niiice. That's good.

Maybe not the "We're here to help!" text, though.

Ok, did that, and made another with and without the We're here to help or whatever text.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:48:04 AM by RFW2 »

we have had many noob training clans, forum topics, servers, fan sites, videos before.
this whole organized thing you guys are planning has been done before.

maybe you guys should find out why they all failed before you try it again...

Ok, did that, and made another with and without the We're here to help or whatever text.
All of those logos with text look really bad. Don't use default typefonts; manually make them or find something that actually fits.

In my opinion just do away with the text. The logo is good enough already. Does the Nike logo require "Nike" to be printed below the swoosh?

we have had many noob training clans, forum topics, servers, fan sites, videos before.
this whole organized thing you guys are planning has been done before.

maybe you guys should find out why they all failed before you try it again...
Maybe you should find out why we're starting from a completely different cause here.

All of those logos with text look really bad. Don't use default typefonts; manually make them or find something that actually fits.

In my opinion just do away with the text. The logo is good enough already. Does the Nike logo require "Nike" to be printed below the swoosh?

Well, yeah. You're kinda right, it does look really good w/o the text.

And also, do YOU know what the steam group image size is?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:51:49 AM by 300spartan »