Poll

Do you agree with the OP?

100% - Yes, It's like the OP read my mind.
75% - Yes, I think most of what I've read holds true.
50% - Meh, Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't.
25% - No, For the most part, I don't really see any of this, but I can agree with a few things.
0% - No, The OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Author Topic: Blockland Today - The Fun Is Missing... Or is it?  (Read 22186 times)

You're a right richard is what you are.  :(

You're a right richard is what you are.  :(
Define left richard and I will be satisfied.

well so far you guys have put to much effort into a loving banner image for your project.
prob the least important thing.

you are missing the content, that the past failures have at least had tons of.

We've only been thinking up ideas, and making pics is a good way to do that. If you disagree, stop posting, we're just trying to help some of the younger/newer players become better and more respectful.

What the forget.

Blockland isn't a business. There's no quota to fill or anything. If you're bored then that's just your fault.

What the forget.

Blockland isn't a business. There's no quota to fill or anything. If you're bored then that's just your fault.
No, Blockland doesn't have a lot of fun things to do unless you work hard and tirelessly to make a good build or find one which takes way too much time and skill.

If the Blockland Mentor's Union goes through, I'd like to become part of it.
I can still be an idiot, but I know a lot, and I don't like being useless.

And I've played retail for too long without learning it

Alright, Rykuta has set me as organizer.

This week's status:  Brainstorm tutorial ideas and write them down here.  Say weather they can be instruction movies or slideshows, whatever.  Add scripts (speaking, not modding).

Post all ideas on the Steam Group's Profile.

I cant stand seeing genually original and quality servers go down early or have barely anyone on but then you see repetative knife platfors, family rps and every other horribly built duplicate server

Especially when i join a server with a lot of people and the host has only just bought the game and the only thing there is the bedroom map and a few red 1x1s scattered around

I agree with most, but what I don't agree with is all the noob hate going on here.

I understand that 95% of noobs end up as just irritating and terrible builders and never really contribute much to the community, but there were/are [ I stopped playing BECAUSE the hate ] people like me who actually wanted to be a contributing and learning part of the community.

I quit playing because every time I attempted to build my own server and learn how everything works, I got flamed and disrespected. The thing is, you can only learn by trying... it's a trial and error thing, so it's only natural that a noob is going to start nothing but bad servers initially, but from all of that, he'll eventually learn. Well, obviously the bulk of the community can't seem to grasp that, hence all of the "We don't want new people" horsecrap.

You wonder why the popular servers aren't creative? Because anyone like me, who tried to get creative, got shot down every time he tried to build a server.

It's sort of like the economy around here. The kids get out of highschool and look for a job, but every employer says they're inexperienced and hires someone else... now he's 23 years old, and still jobless, because from day one, he's told he's not experienced enough.

Blockinlick's right.

I was a complete nimrod for a long time, because nobody cared enough to show me the ropes. I just kind of wandered around, still in awe that I was there with other real people. However, eventually, I started understanding things, and gradually made a few friends. I'm still learning.

Also, SWAT, I would love to work on a building guide, with a few helpful hints and tips. (An 8x cube and a 4x cube add up to the same height as two 5-height bricks, using as few bricks as possible will make your builds look much less spammy and much more pleasing, etc.)

Can't do anything much at the moment, as I am stuck in blockland-less places for most of the time this vacation.

Alright, Rykuta has set me as organizer.

This week's status:  Brainstorm tutorial ideas and write them down here.  Say weather they can be instruction movies or slideshows, whatever.  Add scripts (speaking, not modding).

Post all ideas on the Steam Group's Profile.

Why didnt you use the pics I edited for the profile pic? I dont really care, but is it just because we havent decided which one yet, and if that is the case, we need a new poll.

Also, I can do some beginners scripting and modeling tuts.

EDIT: I joined the group :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:14:52 PM by RFW2 »

All a new blocklander needs as advice: don't go on the forums :cookieMonster: