Poll

Do you agree with the OP?

100% - Yes, It's like the OP read my mind.
75% - Yes, I think most of what I've read holds true.
50% - Meh, Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't.
25% - No, For the most part, I don't really see any of this, but I can agree with a few things.
0% - No, The OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Author Topic: Blockland Today - The Fun Is Missing... Or is it?  (Read 22102 times)

we have had many noob training clans, forum topics, servers, fan sites, videos before.
this whole organized thing you guys are planning has been done before.

maybe you guys should find out why they all failed before you try it again...

Maybe we should.

But I dont think we will.

Also, I agree that the text doesnt look that good, but I have to go, so tell me what you want me to change and Ill do it tommorow if I can.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:52:59 AM by RFW2 »

Maybe we should.

But I dont think we will.

Also, I agree that the text doesnt look that good, but I have to go, so tell me what you want me to change and Ill do it tommorow if I can.

Maybe just no text at all.

Ok, Ill try a few things, and see which you like best.

EDIT: Heres the first, and sorry about not putting them on imageshack. Forgot my account password, ill try and work that out soon.

I like BLMU4.png.

Simple enough.

Maybe include a catchphrase involving the word "potential"

Yes, new one done! (Btw, the small impact outline was done entirely by hand! :D)

And I've saved a compound file that isn't flattened so if there's ANYTHING WRONG, I can rearrange it.

Looks better but the text is unusually grainy compared with the crisp lines of the image.

Just don't do any letters/words, it has the best impact that way.

Maybe you should find out why we're starting from a completely different cause here.

no this is the exact same thing thats been done dozens of times.
it will fail.

dont worry ill quote this for you later when it happens

Why does bisjac have to be so negative? Just because it failed in the past doesn't mean it will fail now.

Why does bisjac have to be so negative? Just because it failed in the past doesn't mean it will fail now.
Yes.

And Bisjac, I am not going to let you discourage me. It just won't have any effect on me.

Looks better but the text is unusually grainy compared with the crisp lines of the image.

Just don't do any letters/words, it has the best impact that way.

Yeah, but that's already done, and if Rykuta wants the one WITH letters, it's there.

it failed in the past because there were no actual problems with the game and community. just as there isnt now.

some guy's personal issues and boredom dosnt reflect the community

it failed in the past because there were no actual problems with the game and community. just as there isnt now.

It certainly reflects the general displeasure for a part of the community.  It's a matter of teaching the community how to create meaningful creations.

Not everyone can disagree with a gamemode,

if it is done right.

Seriously, all those sucky RPs could be replaced by well-made city builds or thoroughly-created RPs with a plot/guidelines to follow.

So why should setting out to improve things for the better be bad?

Doesn't it seem like it would make the community better for everyone if people were more creative and knew the game and the people playing it better? Regardless of if you think there's a problem, you can't argue that there is absolutly no room for improvement in the first place, since nothing is perfect.

blockland is awesome now. stop crying and host your own server. these topics pop up all the time lol. I log in and have fun every day
you are the biggest richard in the whole world

well so far you guys have put to much effort into a loving banner image for your project.
prob the least important thing.

you are missing the content, that the past failures have at least had tons of.