Poll

is talgo coolest

no
no
no
yes

Author Topic: Assault Regiment Extreme Stabbers [ARES] - Best Grapple knifers TDM clan  (Read 262066 times)

hello guys. good news is that rediac will have a new computer that can play block land well in 2 weeks

I doubt any of you remember lil old me
but until then i will be playing battlestar galactica online!
blockland is saved

the clan server has crashed rip in pieces unfinished app

Creativity is a luxury no group in this game can demand. Most of us with the ability to build anything decent, replica or not, rarely finish a build. The scrapyard of a server we call a "spacebuild" is full of unfinished projects; it's a testament to the fact that creativity shouldn't be the driving quality we look for in players.

Furdle demonstrated a far more important quality: conviction. True, he didn't design the Millennium Falcon, but he sure as hell finished his replica of it. That's worth far more than most of the turrets and tubes (that some call ships) I've seen lying around.

I'm not familiar with his forum shenanigans, perhaps they are enough to justify denying his application, but I would ask that we take this "replica" issue off the table; it's trivial and irrelevant for the reasons above.

if only there were more people to choose from. then you could have that delicious luxury. now that would be something.

Creativity is a luxury no group in this game can demand. Most of us with the ability to build anything decent, replica or not, rarely finish a build. The scrapyard of a server we call a "spacebuild" is full of unfinished projects; it's a testament to the fact that creativity shouldn't be the driving quality we look for in players.

Furdle demonstrated a far more important quality: conviction. True, he didn't design the Millennium Falcon, but he sure as hell finished his replica of it. That's worth far more than most of the turrets and tubes (that some call ships) I've seen lying around.

I'm not familiar with his forum shenanigans, perhaps they are enough to justify denying his application, but I would ask that we take this "replica" issue off the table; it's trivial and irrelevant for the reasons above.
People are simply too ambitious. They think to themselves "I am going to make this colossal star dreadnought and it will be awesome" and then they never finish it because it's just too huge. I remember seeing plenty of cool stuff on that server, those shuttles, that one guy's amazing looking dropship, jellysocks' skeletal looking station, and they were all relatively small. A spacebuild doesn't have to only consist of massive starships full of detailed interiors, I don't know why everyone seems to think that.
As for Furdle, his miserable attitude alone is reason enough to deny him membership. He could be the greatest, most convicted builder out there, but he'd still be a repulsive prick. Just because you're good at building doesn't mean you're allowed to act like a boorish starfish.

I agree with these points. Which leads to Qwepir's post;
People are simply too ambitious. They think to themselves "I am going to make this colossal star dreadnought and it will be awesome" and then they never finish it because it's just too huge. I remember seeing plenty of cool stuff on that server, those shuttles, that one guy's amazing looking dropship, jellysocks' skeletal looking station, and they were all relatively small. A spacebuild doesn't have to only consist of massive starships full of detailed interiors, I don't know why everyone seems to think that.
A thousand times this. That said, I'm going to start clearing incomplete stuff from the server. It kind of detracts from what we have intended.

Also, despite what you say about furdle's conviction, he retracted his application after three negative votes. That's ridiculous. Also, after being accepted, he proceeds to act like a little bitch and pick a fight with a member of the clan. Instead of taking it for what it is he instigates a battle which didn't need to happen and pissed me off way more than it should have.

A spacebuild doesn't have to only consist of massive starships full of detailed interiors, I don't know why everyone seems to think that.
That would be because it's in space and you're a clan.

In space, everything is huge because space.
thing + space = huge thing in space

And you're an entire CLAN of people. That's a lot of people. So, build something big together, right?
a lot of people + building game = big build

That's why we think you guys would build big space ships.

And yeah, I know of the problem of starting something big and then losing interest. The best tip I can give is that you try to vary in the build. A lot.
That's what I'm doing, anyway.

You really should not talk about anything ever. Every time you do everyone rallies against you and you exile yourself or delete your posts, like the incidents with the chair and the boltgun.

You really should not talk about anything ever. Every time you do everyone rallies against you and you exile yourself or delete your posts, like the incidents with the chair and the boltgun.
is this also a really bad joke

I didn't know you had long term problems with me

you sound as if I do some really stupid stuff every other day. I don't. so what's the problem?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:11:10 PM by Nymethus »

going to have to agree with this

I agree with these points. Which leads to Qwepir's post;A thousand times this. That said, I'm going to start clearing incomplete stuff from the server. It kind of detracts from what we have intended.

Also, despite what you say about furdle's conviction, he retracted his application after three negative votes. That's ridiculous. Also, after being accepted, he proceeds to act like a little bitch and pick a fight with a member of the clan. Instead of taking it for what it is he instigates a battle which didn't need to happen and pissed me off way more than it should have.

That's fine with me but if you're setting a standard for member behavior I think it should apply to all members. Many of the comments made in the app thread by ARES members were counterproductive at best and downright aggressive/provocative at worst. All it did was drag the clan's reputation through the mud.

Space theme aside, the reason I support this clan is that in practice it is not just an artificial structure to hand out titles and confer superiority; on good days, it is a way of bringing players together of similar interests that actually do things. If this group is to have a decent reputation it has to avoid the traps in thinking that exclusivity and snobbery are marks of status. If this were a more popular game with a greater pool of talent to recruit from, then perhaps we could be more selective but it's not.

The point is that as a group we should be more forgiving of peoples' behavior. This forum is full of fools but we aren't improving things by strutting around acting like some high-brow society.

You all seem to know Furdle better than I do so I'll believe you when you say he isn't suitable. I just ask that everyone act a bit more civilized next time around.

I wrote a little text about this apparent problem. I'm not going to post it just to get "oh you, causing problems again, get out of our thread!"
but if you wanna see it, I can send it to you.

if any of you have any problem of any kind with me then send me a message, explaining the problem. telling me I'm stupid or somesuch doesn't accomplish anything, so don't bother. (the problem with stupid people, is that they don't know that they're stupid - hopefully me saying this somewhat proves that I'm not stupid, but for all we know, we're all stupid helpless people)

nym out

question: why is the chemical grenade enabled on reactor's server?

Alright, I'm going to enforce the "don't be an starfish" rule a little more strongly. Also reactor if you're down I'm thinking of enabling a server rules mod

if that's cool with you

question: why is the chemical grenade enabled on reactor's server?
answer: whoops
I wrote a little text about this apparent problem. I'm not going to post it just to get "oh you, causing problems again, get out of our thread!"
but if you wanna see it, I can send it to you.

if any of you have any problem of any kind with me then send me a message, explaining the problem. telling me I'm stupid or somesuch doesn't accomplish anything, so don't bother. (the problem with stupid people, is that they don't know that they're stupid - hopefully me saying this somewhat proves that I'm not stupid, but for all we know, we're all stupid helpless people)

nym out
I'm down for it lol, always love a good read.

just updated server, I removed the gasmask mod and added a couple of bricky things
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:54:07 AM by comr4de »