Author Topic: V14 Be able to play all those maps we all like!  (Read 4218 times)

I liked v8 but I think it was more because of the community being so much god damn better. I joined a server (say, an RPG) and I was able to immediately join in and I had so much fun. That might be because it was the first version I played on, but I feel that these days people are much more close-minded about their friends on Blockland.. Just my opinion.

I liked v8 but I think it was more because of the community being so much god damn better. I joined a server (say, an RPG) and I was able to immediately join in and I had so much fun. That might be because it was the first version I played on, but I feel that these days people are much more close-minded about their friends on Blockland.. Just my opinion.
The only difference between you and me there is that I was only in V8 in demo mode, and had no clue as to the community.

It's not the features
Then stop saying V8. Start saying 2007.

V8 was not better.
V8 ERA was better

There's a difference, everyone

V8 was not better.
V8 ERA was better

There's a difference, everyone
Although I still don't see what was so great about the 'era', as I said, start saying 2007 instead of v8.

V8:
     - Nitramj had a boat w/ speedometer, and working controls.
     - One of the first releases after Beta
     - Amazing Modders Born
     - Less Trolling
     - AoT was popular
     - Administrator Servers Frequent / Interactive w/ Host
     - Ability to grant "Host"
     - More Modding Freedom
     - Best "era" for Blockland

If you weren't playing Blockland in V8, then saying V8 was bad is purely a lie. Everyone from V8 agrees on this topic. Take the hint.

A question being though, wouldn't the master server not allow your version to play? I know there's times when you play on a server of a higher version, but that's withen the day the version comes out. Would you be able to host a v14 server, and have people connect to it?

V8:
     - AoT was popular
Has nothing to do Blockland.  Don't know why you brought that up...

V8:
If you weren't playing Blockland in V8, then saying V8 was bad is purely a lie.
I have tried V8 or as Chrono calls it "Blockland 2007".  In my opinion, from what I could get from the game before it crashed, I would honestly get pissed at the fact that it crashed all the time and become bored of the common long load times when downloading another servers add-ons.  Oh yeah, there is nothing we can do about the trolls, it would have happened one way or another.

A question being though, wouldn't the master server not allow your version to play? I know there's times when you play on a server of a higher version, but that's withen the day the version comes out. Would you be able to host a v14 server, and have people connect to it?
My guess is no, but I could be wrong.

I have tried V8 or as Chrono calls it "Blockland 2007".  In my opinion, from what I could get from the game before it crashed, I would honestly get pissed at the fact that it crashed all the time and become bored of the common long load
You clearly never played V8. If your computer can't run one of the most stable versions of Blockland, your computer sucks. Did you even read my post?

Has nothing to do Blockland.  Don't know why you brought that up...
People from V8 understand this.

V8 wasn't better, that's such a crock of stuff. just because you get nostalgia doesn't mean the version was literally better.

V8:
     - Nitramj had a boat w/ speedometer, and working controls.
     - One of the first releases after Beta
     - Amazing Modders Born
     - Less Trolling
     - AoT was popular
     - Administrator Servers Frequent / Interactive w/ Host
     - Ability to grant "Host"
     - More Modding Freedom
     - Best "era" for Blockland

If you weren't playing Blockland in V8, then saying V8 was bad is purely a lie. Everyone from V8 agrees on this topic. Take the hint.
As chrono said, those are all from the "era" of 2007.  None of those have anything to do with the advancements of the game, they are all community based aspects.

Plenty of people from v8 and before disagree with your flawed points.

Edit: Me, Bolster, Treynolds, Chrono(?), Placid, Marcem, Icy, and Barnabas all understand that v8 wasn't all that.  Take the hint hurrr
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:55:46 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

You clearly never played V8. If your computer can't run one of the most stable versions of Blockland, your computer sucks. Did you even read my post?
I find the bold and underlined statements paradoxical. 

If I have
Never played V8
,Then how would I know
If my computer couldn't run V8 Blockland
If I have never played it...

V8 wasn't better, that's such a crock of stuff. just because you get nostalgia doesn't mean the version was literally better.
As chrono said, those are all from the "era" of 2007.  None of those have anything to do with the advancements of the game, they are all community based aspects.

And you take a hint,  I've been here since RTB.  I think I know that V8 wasn't all that hot.  I'm pretty sure Chrono was before v8 as well.  Not everyone around in v8 is in agreement, tard.

Edit: Me, Bolster, Treynolds, Chrono(?), Placid, Marcem, Icy, and Barnabas all understand that v8 wasn't all that.  Take the hint hurrr
Quote. For. Truth.

Interiors & Terrain
Great for building  Limited room for growth, builds often looked awkward
wrong. great for building, saved resources and time.

possible pros for v21 or whatev besides shaders:
hopefully physics bricks. hit build with a wand to convert it to a placeable shape. wheel joint bricks, seat bricks that function as prints (print for seat 0-20). after hitting it with a wand it can be placed on a vehicle spawn and parts can be blown off and cool stuff.

less crappy collision- try driving a tank in a city currently

more cool bricks

better audio
Also CityRPGs are great. Don't group them into a class as family RPG. A server is only as good as its host.
wrong! many lame hosts can host great fun servers, and many great hosts sometimes host complete crap. and sometimes the two have nothing to do with eachother! crap servers are crap thats just how it is!

wrong! many lame hosts can host great fun servers, and many great hosts sometimes host complete crap. and sometimes the two have nothing to do with eachother! crap servers are crap thats just how it is!
True, Heed never does anything on his server, but it's still a good server.