Poll

Did you sign the petition? (Reread the first post)

Yes because it is a violation of the constitution
41 (50%)
Yes(other reason) [State below]
1 (1.2%)
No because while it is a violation, this petition won't do anything
20 (24.4%)
No (other reason) [State below]
20 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: "Remove "In God we trust" from legal tender" Petition on Whitehouse.gov  (Read 23637 times)

Just once I'd like to see an issue be taken seriously without half the forum turning to hostile adolescent debate mode.
Sig'd.

What if we printed half of the bills with in god we trust and the other half of the dollars with e pluribus unum.

Just once I'd like to see an issue be taken seriously without half the forum turning to hostile adolescent debate mode.
THis is how the people in charge argue it anyway.

Its not just on the dollar, its the nation's motto. Also not everyone is the common man.
oh and also, the topic is about a petition to remove it from currency,  so it's irrelevant if it's the motto.
THe topic is about legal tender, and I was talking about legal tender.

Read halfway through page nine, then I got bored

ITT: Religion, opinion sparks fly.

I think we auta keep the motto on it. Its the MOTTO and it should always stay on it. Just like how my states motto is "United we stand divided we fall" its on the flag and everything and we ain't taking it off.

I don't really see the point...

I would like it if we switched back to the coin standard and didn't kill stufftons of trees for currency.

>treehugger

I think we auta keep the motto on it. Its the MOTTO and it should always stay on it. Just like how my states motto is "United we stand divided we fall" its on the flag and everything and we ain't taking it off.

Yup

I would like it if we switched back to the coin standard and didn't kill stufftons of trees for currency.

>treehugger
Bills are made of a cloth like material, not entirely out of wood.

Yup
you are dumb
he meant his individual state's flag. Are you american? it's understandable if you aren't because we are handicapped with the use of the word state.

>treehugger
The majority of the composition of money is cotton I believe.

Is this really such a big issue we needed a petition about it? I mean, we have to deal with issues of Abortion, Birth Control... Wondering if we should have "In God we trust" on the back of our currency? Seriously, who the forget cares? Don't try giving me that "separating religion from state" bullstuff, one of the bases of freedom in this country was Freedom of Religion. Of course, they fought for the main religion at the time for them, Christianity. However, it is a part of history. This generation's youth should know what the Founding Fathers fought for.

Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

.-.
The founding fathers weren't christian. This motto was made in 1965, not when the country was founded. Read the loving first post.

Then we shouldn't have changed it in the first place, or did you not read the first post/link either?

Just hit 4000 signatures

you are dumb
he meant his individual state's flag. Are you american? it's understandable if you aren't because we are handicapped with the use of the word state.

Agh, I can't read.  I'm going to bed.

forget it. One of these I'm going to lead a successful military coup that will Break California, Arizonia, Washingon, Oregon, and Idaho from the Union. We shall be become the Western Republic of North America.

Bills are made of a cloth like material, not entirely out of wood.
Nvm I'm silly then but still.

Petition for the gold standard that says e pluribus unum on one side and in god we trust on the other just to cause more conflict heheh