Poll

Would you take another human's life?

Yes
34 (26.6%)
No
11 (8.6%)
Only in self-defence
83 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Author Topic: Homicide  (Read 3734 times)

Pretty self-explanatory. Would you kill a human? I probably would, because most people aren't innocent.
What a hardass

i could kill anyone without a second thought

i really have no sense of guilt, because killing is just natural

my philosophy is that we are just your average animal, with above average intelligence.  our brain is what makes people think that we are not animals, even thought we technically are.

i could kill anyone without a second thought

i really have no sense of guilt, because killing is just natural

my philosophy is that we are just your average animal, with above average intelligence.  our brain is what makes people think that we are not animals, even thought we technically are.

And here I thought that atheists at least tried to have a moral code.

And here I thought that atheists at least tried to have a moral code.
This post was not thought out.

This post was not thought out.
Even so, that thought process of natural selection eliminates any reason you should respect the right to live and the definition of innocence. Which I don't think I would have any issue of disregarding. So, I don't have to conform to any moral code human beings have made up.

Even so, that thought process of natural selection eliminates any reason you should respect the right to live and the definition of innocence. Which I don't think I would have any issue of disregarding.
Yeah, except pretty much no species of animal mindlessly kills those within their own group. Natural selection has given us behaviors against killing the members of society because nearly all animals function better in a society. Killing your fellow man for no real reason shows a lack of evolution.

Although I feel that some deserve a shotgun shell to the testes, I could not take another human being's life. I simply don't have the willpower to do so.

Yeah, except pretty much no species of animal mindlessly kills those within their own group. Natural selection has given us behaviors against killing the members of society because nearly all animals function better in a society. Killing your fellow man for no real reason shows a lack of evolution.
It's perfectly present in nature that animals can and would kill within their own group. Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do?
"shows lack of evolution"
You could diagnose me mentally and physically and I would still over and over again show the same properties as any human being. Though that is a wonderful excuse though. It's more of the selections way of practicing population control.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:20:02 PM by TeslaCoil »


i really have no sense of guilt, because killing is just natural
no it's not lol
do you see dolphins and lions and stuff prancing around killing their fellow species members for fun?
no, because that's not what animals do
there's a reason people who do it are declared mentally insane

no it's not lol
do you see dolphins and lions and stuff prancing around killing their fellow species members for fun?
no, because that's not what animals do
there's a reason people who do it are declared mentally insane
Some species eat their own young. We have wars and abortions and serial killers.

I say, that those are perhaps some pretty natural ways of population control.

I have thought about it a lot

Some species eat their own young. We have wars and abortions and serial killers.

I say, that those are perhaps some pretty natural ways of population control.

Note:  Humans are not naturally inclined to eat their own young.

Natural Population Controls are Diseases and Natural Accidental Deaths.  Having us kill each other is truly a minor percentage of overall human death averages if you don't count wars.

And here I thought that atheists at least tried to have a moral code.

I have a decent moral code.  I can be an ass, but I don't sit here discussing my desires to murder people on a forum.

Some species eat their own young.
Pretty much everything birds and up in the evolutionary ladder are social animals that don't do this stuff.

Some species eat their own young.
there's a reason for it
I don't know what it is, but there is a reason
plus the only animals that do it (besides a species or two of sharks) are insects
all of which are pretty badly evolved, except the cool ones like ants and those acid shooting beetles
We have wars and abortions and serial killers.
we have wars over land disputes usually, other times it's when someone was an idiot and did something they shouldn't have
abortions are sometimes required in order to save the life of a mother, other times done on teenagers to prevent possible problems with giving birth. besides that, sometimes some people face the fact that they couldn't properly raise a child. in that situation a better choice would be adoption, but what do you expect from someone who can't raise a kid right?
on the matter of serial killers:
there's a reason people who do it are declared mentally insane
I say, that those are perhaps some pretty natural ways of population control.
no, natural ways of population control are predation, natural disasters, and disease