3 (30%)
spins
1 (10%)
transitions
1 (10%)
positions (lame) (gay)
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Parkour and Freerunning -Cement isn't as hard with snow on it-  (Read 9799 times)

Brought to you by TEAM URBAN DYNAMICS AFIOPESJFSD

BRIEFING

HOW DO I DO ANY OF THIS?!

Requirements:

-Shoes(preferably shoes meant for running, tennis shoes are great, skating shoes are decent enough)
 -For parkour and some freerunning: Obstacles such as walls, trashcans, rails, poles, etc.
 -The ability to run, jump and climb(That's right, if you're crippled, you can do any of this)
 -You should be physically fit; being able to lift your own weight really helps
 -Intelligence is very important
 -Confidence and ambition-- this stuff isn't for sissies or one-timers

Rules:
 -Don't do any of this in restricted areas; I will not lie, I've trespassed before, but it's not worth it if you get caught
 -If you don't or can't do any of this don't mock traceurs freerunners or tricksters it pisses us off
 -You should of course stretch before doing this crazy stuff or bad things will happen
 -Haters will hate
Yeah that's about it

Tips:
 -Lifting weights and any of this crap don't mix too well; your big puffy muscles will restrict movement and will cause you to tire out faster. Go for toned over buff.
 -It's easier to do pk and freerunning in urban areas than anywhere else, but if you're new to it you'd best start in a gym or someplace where you won't break anything or fall to your death.
 -It's always good to do this stuff with other people; it makes everything safer and learning easier.
 -If you're going to wear jeans make sure they're loose or you'll find yourself tripping and falling more often.
 -Work on flexibility, it really helps.
 -If you're doing any this just to look cool you'll never get good at it so gtfo
 -Haters will hate

WHY LEARN ANY OF THIS?!

-For fitness
-It looks and feels awesome
-For the love of the sport
-Hobby
-Zombie apocalypse
-Be like EZIO or CONNOR
-Ease of foot traveling I guess
-If successful this could mean lods a mone: STREET PERFORMER LOLOL

INTRO to PARKOUR

"What is 'parkour'? How do I 'parkour'? Teach me how to 'parkour'? Why do 'parkour'?"
I'M GLAD YOU ASKED. Parkour is french for "the art of movement," and it's all about getting from point A to point B in the quickest and most efficient way possible. Not to be confused with freerunning.

Here are some good beginner PARKOUR moves:

PK roll:
You NEED this for sure. Not just for pk but real life; you'll never faceplant from tripping ever again! Do NOT start out doing this on concrete or any hard surface. It's not like the acrobatic roll. Roll onto one of your shoulders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgPd29MlHpg&ob=av3e His hand on foot thing is not required

Reverse Vault:
Adds a spin to the vault for momentum reasons. Fairly simple and fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEvpkLVJCOc This vid is short is good at showing what a reverse vault is

Speed Vault:
While running, jumping sideways and then using one hand to vault over something quickly. Looks hot and is easy.

Lazy vault:

Like the speed vault, but during the vault you place your other hand on the object/obstacle and push off using both hands

Kong Vault:
Where you place both hands on the object and use them to get you over the object and/or propel you out of the vault.

Tic-Tac/Wall Jump:
Running up to a wall and jumping off it. Don't do it on slippery surfaces.

Precision:
Jumping from one object to a precise area on another. Requires good balance and confidence. Don't try this on bars or thin objects unless you got a lot of experience because you don't want to miss and bust your balls.

Vertical Wall-run:
Running UP a wall. Place foot on wall at knee level and jump off other foot while pushing up, not out off the foot on wall.

Intermediate Parkour Moves

Horizontal Wall-run:
Running SIDEWAYS on a wall. Not very orthodox or as easy as the vertical wall-run. I typically put my outside foot on the wall first, after jumping on to the wall at an angle as to run on it easier. Get good at these and you can actually gain like eight feet off the ground.

Dive Roll:
Fun stuff right here. Just add a running dive with the PK roll. Swing your arms back, then forward as hard as you can when you jump in to the dive to increase height, land on hands first. It's a little scary at first, be careful with the landing.

Front-flip:
Useful if you don't want to vault over things. My frontflips I've been told look half-side half-front, and I can't even land that, so I have no idea how these work. Look somewhere else if you want a tutorial.

INTRO to FREERUNNING

Freerunning is like parkour, but it's all about freedom of expression, and is more based around aesthetically pleasing movement with no defined destination rather than efficient movement. Basically flips n tricks.

Here are some good beginner FREERUNNING moves:

Back-flip:
A prerequisite to other moves. To help get over backflip fear, from a standing position, drop to your knees really fast and do backwards somersaults, and/or jump and fall on your back on a trampoline. NEVER tilt your head back when doing a backflip! I'm not going to type up a whole tutorial in this so search youtube or something.

B-Kick:
It's kind of like a horizontal cartwheel. There really are no prerequisites to this move. The concept may be a little hard to grasp but once you understand it, doing it is easy. I would type out my own tutorial but I changed my mind; I don't see the point when this video covers pretty much everything on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X1SIVu1P_M

Tornado Kick:
Basically a jumping/spinning roundhouse kick. A simple prerequisite to many other moves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJhqdI08Sc

Intermediate Freerunning Moves

'Swagger' Dive-Roll Variants:
hands on hips, behind head, or arms crossed before landing

Wall-Flip:
A super fun move where you run up to a wall and do a backflip off of it. I myself am still new to this so search it up.

540 Reverse Tornado:
My favorite kicking move; it's a jumping/spinning hook-kick where you rotate an extra 180 degrees.

Flash-Kick:
A backflip where you kick out one leg and land on it; fairly simple but hard to translate from backflips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8owtFTihc

OK COOL. NOW WHAT

Get out there and try if you want to, just keep in mind that I am not responsible for any injuries or death if any of you follow my tutorials. If you have any questions just ask me cuz I got a whole team of traceurs and tricksters who can help thoroughly explain things if I myself don't have the answer. Feel free to post any pictures or videos of you or others doing this stuff or just talk about the it.

HERE ARE A FEW MOTIVATIONAL VIDEOS IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AT THIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXv8Dk78r0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VacshgGoyg&feature=relmfu

ALSO CHECK OUT THIS
http://trickingtube.com/tricklist

Known fellow urban ninjas and stunt-devil morons alike:
The Corporation
Katadeus
Pablo
VincentTheGuy
FireFish
Cucumber!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:37:07 PM by Zloff »

Always wanted to do something like this.

I have done Parkour once or twice before, irl, but it wasn't really a big Parkour act :/

The dive roll. Like you said, you want your hands to touch the ground first, at an angle though, 45 or less. You don't want them to be stiff though. Let them relax. When your hands touch the ground, let your left arm give away, and let your left forearm bend so it's parallel and touching with the ground. Then, just like the basic roll, let your left shoulder hit the ground and continue from there.

Ok, I am going to go outside and try out the PK roll. Looks fun. :D

look like minithread 2 me !!!

You need to differentiate between Parkour and freerunning in the OP.
Freerunning is doing flips and stuff.

Also I do parkour in my town a lot, but there isn't much good places.

I recommend these for shoes, or any running shoe.

Damn shoulda saw assassins's creed referance coming

You need to differentiate between Parkour and freerunning in the OP.
Freerunning is doing flips and stuff.

Also I do parkour in my town a lot, but there isn't much good places.

I recommend these for shoes, or any running shoe.
by aesthetically pleasing movement I mean flips n tricks, and idk those seem a little cheap

I love climbing stuff, if only I practiced more of the moves...

by aesthetically pleasing movement I mean flips n tricks, and idk those seem a little cheap
Okay then, also the shoes are cheap but they are actually really good and a lot of traceurs recommend them.