Author Topic: Thinking of renting an MC server. Would appreciate feedback before investing.  (Read 1954 times)

I think you misunderstand the concept of paying for a server.
Server hosting is for people who don't have good enough internet, want to have a dedicated server, or just don't want to host out of their home for whatever reason.

I imagine your MC server is really stuffty in terms of lag and stuff.

I have fibre optics and a pretty decent server computer, I just don't want to host it out of my own home for personal reasons. Mainly because I'm not skilled enough with FTP or Java to be able to fix any issues that come up.

man i want to host a minecraft server where it's just a big free-forall for like a week and whoever has the most materials at the end of that week wins a prize.

no mods whatsoever, so you can go break into peoples houses and take their things.

Hm. An anarchy game would be pretty neat to try out. I'll definitively consider it.

if you did an anarchy server, make it on a floating islands map.

I highly recommend LethalDrive for a hoster. Also, I suggest you enable a whitelist to prevent griefing, and unwanted players.

I highly recommend LethalDrive for a hoster. Also, I suggest you enable a whitelist to prevent griefing, and unwanted players.

I mean, I might do that, the only problem then is I have to manually enable everyone who can play. And that's a pain in the ass.

You could rent from me once I get my servers up and running :P
I'm gonna have stable servers here in Hollywood.

you better come at me when you do it. cuz im gonna forget who it was offering.

you better come at me when you do it. cuz im gonna forget who it was offering.
alright
this week we're getting the money to buy the servers

-slime-

Uhh, ok? That totally wasn't a random slime image...

spontaneous, not random.

i placed it out of the expectations and out of prediction of anyone.

random would imply i had on hand a bunch if images that you were aware of. and i used one of the seleted possible images out of anyone's control.

I could, but the last time I gave money to someone on blockland for a hosting service they crashed and burned. As I posted in your thread, once you get established and can offer me a better price than the one I'll be paying, then I'll come at you. But I'm not going to invest in a server that will more than likely crash and burn within a month. (no offense. ;D)