Author Topic: Blockland Glass v1.3  (Read 23871 times)

Why do this when you can simply disable the desktop?

Because you are downloading the crappy bloatware you don't want.

I appreciate that Scout31 is trying to be more subtle and considerate of how he handles Blockland Glass, since the direction has taken a sudden turn now its absorbed a desktop mod that was (in my view) pretty shabby.  

You are coming from the BlockOS topic. The rest of us wanted Glass for simpler purposes, and I for one intentionally avoided BlockOS.

You are coming from the BlockOS topic. The rest of us wanted Glass for simpler purposes, and I for one intentionally avoided BlockOS.
I avoided it as well before, but the dev versions are currently quite nice. But yes, that makes sense about the background process only version now.

The download is broken for me.
I click it and it pops up with a message saying it could not connect.

BlockOS is a menu design.
Just to annoy Icy:

Hai! Crepe!

The download is broken for me.
I click it and it pops up with a message saying it could not connect.
I posted an alternative link a while ago, just use that for now.

Blockland Glass v1.01

What is this?
Blockland Glass is an add-on that improves Blockland a lot behind-the-scenes, adding features that make the game easier to play and enjoy. Version 1 has two key features: GUI Downloading and HUD Manager.

GUI Downloader
Almost every server is getting their own custom GUI now. Each time you join a server, you are almost always pestered by a message saying, "Please download my GUI to play." We've come up with a solution to make this process easier for both the player and the developer. The GUI Downloader automatically downloads all needed GUIs upon joining the server. To ensure that this system stays secure and dynamic, no raw TorqueScript is downloaded, but instead assembled by the client after the input from the server has been completely verified. The GUIs are completely functional and operate like any other.

HUD Manager
Another common feature of add-ons: info displayed at the bottom of the page. This is great for maybe a single add-on, but past that, the bottom of your screen is always flickering in a never-ending battle of which add-on will get to be displayed. We've taken care of this by adding the HUD Manager. Developers simply have to update values on the server, and they appear on the side of your screen in neat little boxes. This helps information could be displayed in either text or progress bars, definable by add-ons.

Developers
Documentation

-Still WIP, for now check my random ramblings over at the modification topic.-

Download

Changelog

Additions
  • Developers can now replace all default HUD elements with their own
  • Support for image and font downloading.

Changes
  • All your updaters are belong to us

Additions:
  • Ability to attach GUIs to the PlayGui, thus making them HUDs. Use dataObject.setAsHud(%client, %toggle);
Changes:
  • Made lists actually work

• Removed console spam from the version check

Contributed by glass himself

Bump.

Statistics time:

Users: 126
Users running 1.2.1: 110
Users running 2.0 Alpha: 14
Users running Dev version: 2

Highest ID: 37647
Lowest ID: 747