Author Topic: DAY Z MEGATHREAD - OP finally gets this mod.  (Read 110798 times)

Decent starter weapons.
Hatchet - Infinite uses and can kill a zombie in 1 hit. Silent too.
Makarov - 8 round mag, good for inside buildings and dropping zombies. But that's about it.
Winchester 1886 - Huge mag of 15. Kills zombies in a shot, and has mild range.
Lee Enfield - Loud as hell still, even after the nerfs. But can kill players decently and drops a zombie in one shot.

Mediocre starter weapons -
CZ 550 - Long range, loud, and deadly. But sorta inaccurate. (Great for players)
Revolver/M1911 - Was amazing prior to nerf. Now they are meh.
Double-barreled Shotgun - Mostly useful with pellets as it can drop 2 or more zombies in a shot. but low mag.

Not so good starter weapons.
Crowbar - Takes 4 hits to the body to drop them.
Crossbow - Requires a reload per shot. Only useful for sneaking.

All these weapons can be found in residential areas.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:49:52 AM by uno_da_cat »

long range shots with the crossbow is the mark of an expert, thanks very much. The bolts take up a whole slot because they are reusable, you look at them and take them out of the zombie so it is infinite unless you manage to miss. It is 100% accurate, sorry you just can't aim. It is the perfect weapon against zombies and if you panic in a zombie attack, you're forgeted anyway you cut it.

Easiest way to win any zombie encounter is to just back pedal, wait for them to swing and miss and then shoot them in the head once. Honestly if you miss with pretty much anything from that range you're a horrid shot and should stick to the beaches to camp afk's.

anyone that says a crossbow is a decent weapon for dayz has either never had to use it or has never held a real gun.

long range shots with the crossbow is the mark of an expert, thanks very much. The bolts take up a whole slot because they are reusable, you look at them and take them out of the zombie so it is infinite unless you manage to miss. It is 100% accurate, sorry you just can't aim. It is the perfect weapon against zombies and if you panic in a zombie attack, you're forgeted anyway you cut it.

Easiest way to win any zombie encounter is to just back pedal, wait for them to swing and miss and then shoot them in the head once. Honestly if you miss with pretty much anything from that range you're a horrid shot and should stick to the beaches to camp afk's.

have fun when you run and get swarmed by zed's, and call for help but your friend only has a crossbow so they can only shoot one at a time.

also fun time when a player is shooting at you.

gg have fun dying and bragging about things you cannot do like dodging zombie strikes
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:54:55 AM by Feep »

anyone that says a crossbow is a decent weapon for dayz has either never had to use it or has never held a real gun.

have fun when you run and get swarmed by zed's, and call for help but your friend only has a crossbow so they can only shoot one at a time.

also fun time when a player is shooting at you.

gg have fun dying and bragging about things you cannot do like dodging zombie strikes
Just curious, how long have you been playing DayZ? You don't get shot by players if they can't find you. It's not dodging, it's exiting weapon range before the projectile reaches you. If you get swarmed, you're bad. If you can't sneak through a town without alerting zombies, you're bad. End of story. I've had AK's, M4's, and a saw or two plus jets and helicopters. Stop talking like you are the greatest Day Z player of all time.

Deceius is obviously clueless on how DayZ works. End of discussion.
Mp5SD>Crossbow.
Infact.. ANYTHING>Crossbow. I'd rather have the crowbar.

"AK's, M4's"
Congrats, you've had extremely common guns. Try getting a BAF AS50 or FN FAL. I've had both.

Also, Feep has been playing ARMA 2 for a long time and probably has the best understanding of the mechanics.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:09:09 AM by uno_da_cat »

Just curious, how long have you been playing DayZ? You don't get shot by players if they can't find you. It's not dodging, it's exiting weapon range before the projectile reaches you. If you get swarmed, you're bad. If you can't sneak through a town without alerting zombies, you're bad. End of story. I've had AK's, M4's, and a saw or two plus jets and helicopters. Stop talking like you are the greatest Day Z player of all time.

been playing since revolvers were a starting weapon and there was less than 10 dayz servers

if you get swarmed; you're playing the game way more exciting than just crawling around doing stuff all and looking like a total loser while all it takes is one player to see you moving about and kill you then you complain about all the crawling and boring stuff you did.

fun fact: jets do not spawn on the map in DayZ.

and ooooh helicopters so scary, i've manned the turret of an admins MI-8

Alerting zombies is such a thing...
Even if you sneak properly they might randomly look in your direction and see you.
You are not bad if you can't sneak through a town without alerting zombies unless you run through it like an idiot. I could easily get swarmed but I have no damn problems with it because the zombies are extremly easy to kill once you have a proper gun and a tactic.

A single fail with the crossbow and you either have to either leg it or die. Sniping long range targets with it is a bad idea. An "expert" wouldn't do that unless he is sucidial or wants the challenge. The crossbow is only useful on short range. I doubt that you can always reuse your bolts either - especially when you have multipile zombies blocking your way to the bolt.

If you can sneak properly you will never need the crossbow.

been playing since revolvers were a starting weapon and there was less than 10 dayz servers

if you get swarmed; you're playing the game way more exciting than just crawling around doing stuff all and looking like a total loser while all it takes is one player to see you moving about and kill you then you complain about all the crawling and boring stuff you did.

fun fact: jets do not spawn on the map in DayZ.

and ooooh helicopters so scary, i've manned the turret of an admins MI-8

Been playing since before dayz was an actual mod and not a mission with altered ai. Fun fact, hop on youtube and look up Day Z Jet. The goal of the game is to not die, therefore don't get swarmed. One player, sounds like an easy target with that rifle in your czech backpack. Oh he has meat? Better cook it with your hatchet and matches since you live up to your name and are a Nomad in the forests. Living off the basic necessities and not dying like a stufftard.

Been playing since before dayz was an actual mod and not a mission with altered ai. Fun fact, hop on youtube and look up Day Z Jet. The goal of the game is to not die, therefore don't get swarmed. One player, sounds like an easy target with that rifle in your czech backpack. Oh he has meat? Better cook it with your hatchet and matches since you live up to your name and are a Nomad in the forests. Living off the basic necessities and not dying like a stufftard.

i said jets do not spawn on the map.

you CAN spawn them. but that's using a modified client.

GG read better you stupid scrub

and even better note; if you've been playing DayZ so long, you would know the crossbow is a bad weapon.

Since when was the goal of DayZ to live in the forest? It isn't a game that you try to survive because you want to live out the apocalypse because the apocalypse doesn't end, sitting around eating and drinking is boring, and it isn't even set up to be played out like that. DayZ is a PvP game. If you don't like it then don't play it. At first I was like "I hate these starfishs killing me on sight". Now I'm the guy with the sniper 300M away taking shots at him the person before they even see it. I try to roleplay most of my experience in DayZ. Like talking to the people I kill before I do it. But when it comes down to it. It is just a game about players finding gear and killing each other with zombies thrown into the mix.

Well I'm living with a ural, gaz and uaz in the forest and it's pretty fun.
We were either gonna go camp airfield or camp stary, gonna hope for good people loot.

Well I'm living with a ural, gaz and uaz in the forest and it's pretty fun.
We were either gonna go camp airfield or camp stary, gonna hope for good people loot.
Awesome.
Every server I've gotten vehicles on went down so we lost them :C

It seems the crossbow's usefulness depends on how you play. I like to play without running guns blazing into a town, so I rarely ever have to worry about attracting a horde of zombies. And now if I do catch a zombie's attention I like to take it out without bringing the rest of the townsfolk, or any nearby bandits on me. As such the crossbow is suited perfectly for my needs.

Yes the crossbow is pretty ineffective at a long range, but if you're at such a long range then what are you doing trying to shoot them anyways? You don't need to worry about a zombie unless they are nearby. In fact, most all zombies you encounter you don't have to worry about at all, because you can sneak around or outrun all of them. (provided you didn't already break your legs doing whatever it is you're doing)

But anyway like I said, a weapon's usefulness depends on the playstyle, which pretty much goes for every item in the game.

In fact, most all zombies you encounter you don't have to worry about at all
which is exactly why you should carry a gun that's good vs PLAYERS, because you DO have to worry about them.

which is exactly why you should carry a gun that's good vs PLAYERS, because you DO have to worry about them.
Oh I thought I was supposed to carry around a crossbow and crowbar