Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242844 times)

those really aren't that wide. i shoot regularly with a 12-24mm (on a cropped sensor), it's much much wider than those. just look for a decently wide lens with a big aperture.

loving amazing movie by the way. one of my favorites.
Yes, this. How wide are you looking to go? 35mm is pretty standard, so you may not want to go too much wider than that, and an aperture of 1 - 3 will give you some nice shallow DOF.

an aperture like 5.6 can give a nice soft background too. don't have to go ultra wide open to get a nice effect.

I've decided on the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8

Beautiful lens

How wide a lens is has nothing to do with aperture

there is a lack of really wide lens with a really low aperture

pretty much the only lens you could go with is the Sigma 18-35mm, unless you want to spend big bucks on Zeiss Master Prime lenses

who said it did?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:53:07 PM by PrototypeCow »

Experimenting with shutter speeds.

Experimenting with shutter speeds.

tried fixing some of that blue tint it had

[im g]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66030241/fixedblue.png[/img]

tried fixing some of that blue tint it had
still not color balanced right.. just not blue this time lol

God damnit it looked perfect on my laptop monitor but now looks super green on my iPhone

God damnit it looked perfect on my laptop monitor but now looks super green on my iPhone
and it's going to look different to pretty much everyone who looks at it, not much point in fine-tuning color balance when you're just sharing over the web

Yes there still is...

Anyway, I'm assuming by "playing with shutter speed" you mean long exposure?

Yes there still is...
were you talking to me? because no, there's no much point in FINE-TUNING color balance when you're just sharing over the web, as each monitor or device will display it differently, not to mention differences in ambient light that will alter the way it is viewed