Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242811 times)

What do you want to do, and how much are you willing to spend?
see the text at the bottom of my cat pictures post. i'm not really looking for anything professional at all because i don't do a lot of photography, but i'd like something decent for when i do take some pictures.

see the text at the bottom of my cat pictures post. i'm not really looking for anything professional at all because i don't do a lot of photography, but i'd like something decent for when i do take some pictures.
Are you opposed to film?

So I've always kinda fooled around with camera phones, my mom got me a cheap digital fujifilm like 2 years ago and my iPhone had a better PPI, so that was a bust. About a month ago, she gave me her "old" Olympus E300, with a lot of gear (tripod, 2 lenses, my range is 14 to 150mm). I've taken about 500 photos, and I've kept about 100 that were -good- (aka not blurred, good lighting, whatever.) So all of that said, I'd like some input on how I could improve some of the shots. If people want, I'll upload them all into one big album via imgur and I'll link it, but I figured my 10 favorites would do for now.

majestic

advice pls

My mommy says I might have a wildlife photography special interest

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:12:47 AM by AdinX »

Are you opposed to film?
yeah kind of. i like the simplicity of just being able to upload pictures right away. my mom and dad both have a bunch of old film cameras already though, my mom collects them.

yeah kind of. i like the simplicity of just being able to upload pictures right away. my mom and dad both have a bunch of old film cameras already though, my mom collects them.
Fair enough. If you want good price/performance ratio, though, film is definitely going to be your best bet. You can get the performance out of some practice, good film, and $300 worth of brown townog equipment that a $2000+ camera would give you.

Fair enough. If you want good price/performance ratio, though, film is definitely going to be your best bet. You can get the performance out of some practice, good film, and $300 worth of brown townog equipment that a $2000+ camera would give you.
yeah, i suppose film would be the cheaper alternative. but if i do get into more serious photography, my mom has a nikon d70 that works fairly well still. i just don't really understand how to use a dslr camera, so i feel more comfortable with point-and-shoot cameras (not really what a lot of people in here use, but like i said, i'm not a serious photographer or anything)

I liked the dog photo, the waterfall and the lilipads.

As for some advice...

The 2nd picture was too obstructed, which is unfortunate because it could of potentially been a really good picture I think. 7th picture was blurry which made it look less professional but still good. insects are always difficult to capture. The first picture is good, but it lacks detail. Perhaps if the bird was taken a little closer. And for the 9th picture, there just wasn't much to look at. just some leaves, and a tower in the background. I think a clean shot with the tower being the main subject would've been better.

Honestly, I really liked the first dog picture, and the lilipad picture was perfect. I would genuinely say that the lilipad is desktop background worthy.

MY TURN:

So after 10 years my mum decided it was time to upgrade. I took her old computer to my room, took it apart and thought that the motherboard was pretty. I always liked looking at complex electronic circuitry because there was so much to look at, particularly with computer hardware as they are often so complex. The PCB is a deep purple colour, the copper tracks being slightly lighter purple. The golden-copper heatsink of the northbridge, and the blue "Elitesgroup" logo all stood out so much that I suddeny felt the need to take some pictures.

NSFW material ahead:

Yes this is sort-of obsessive but damn son, when else are you gonna find a purple PCB!?

If anyone is interested, this is a socket T462 mobo with 2 slots for RAM. it's old, I know, but I'm probably gonna put a linux based distro on it and try to learn how to use the damn OS once and for all.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:27:08 PM by D3ATH LORD »

good job pulling focus but the framing is a bit awkward

good job pulling focus but the framing is a bit awkward

What do you mean?

What do you mean?
Well, you kinda centered the subject/focal point in each photo. Which is kinda odd for a rectangular shot.

I liked the dog photo, the waterfall and the lilipads.

As for some advice...

The 2nd picture was too obstructed, which is unfortunate because it could of potentially been a really good picture I think. 7th picture was blurry which made it look less professional but still good. insects are always difficult to capture. The first picture is good, but it lacks detail. Perhaps if the bird was taken a little closer. And for the 9th picture, there just wasn't much to look at. just some leaves, and a tower in the background. I think a clean shot with the tower being the main subject would've been better.

Honestly, I really liked the first dog picture, and the lilipad picture was perfect. I would genuinely say that the lilipad is desktop background worthy.
I was kinda surprised by the Lily pad one. I had taken all of these pictures with actual scouting and working with focus, 10-20 shots of each shot and then picking a favorite, and the lily pads I just did 3, on the spot, auto-focus and adjust. Some of them (like the heron) were with a 150mm lense zoomed all the way, without a stand, at sunset, so I was shaking with fatigue but I swear to god I took 100s of shots of that damn bird. That was by far the best lol. I wish I could've gotten closer but my camera gear would've been ruined.

I'm not big on computer parts but that third picture is really neat

cool? pls tell
what mushroom is this please tell i dont know i ate it and it tasted like berry