Author Topic: Steam Megathread - Sales for all  (Read 98567 times)

Figured id just throw this out there. http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/09/possible-steam-summer-sale-details-arise/ If this is true I guess it'll be an ok steam sale but 11 days of indie games? The sale only last one day per set of games. Oh and by the way this isn't for sure its just Pc Gamer.
"Civilization Collection"
I sure hope so, I want to try out gods and kings

I don't know about anyone else, but if valve pack goes for $50 again, I'm buying it.

"Total Individual Price: $108.09
Bundle Price: $129.97"
what
the sale on ME3 ended. it was was around $30, and isn't now.

I read on reddit several people saying it was tomorrow, so my hopes are up a bit

I'm expecting it to be tomorrow.

If it's not I'm quitting steam. >:(

Kane's Wrath has  terrible unit balancing and an even worse campaign. Red Alert 3 is good enough to be played and the unit balancing is good as well. Uprising is handicapped as it adds a few pointless units and reintroduces 2 units from Red alert 2 which should have been in the game in the first place.
Also Red Alert 3 has a campaign that can be completely played in COOP.

Gameplay-wise Red Alert 3 is really good but I I agree the plot of it is a bit handicapped and all the cleavage you can see in the dumb cutscences cannot compensate that. It's also somewhat humor-us and cartoon-ish compared to CNC 3.
Kane's Wrath had pretty great unit balancing if you knew what you were doing and how to counter units.  The campaign in KW was laughable, however.  Red Alert 3 is just utter bullstuff and even more focused on "rock-paper-scissors" more than ever.  The campaign still blew richard even in coop.

I read on reddit several people saying it was tomorrow

Then it must be true!

Need help packing your bags?

If it's mostly indie games I'm going to be disappointed because most of the indie games on steam are stuff platformers.

If it's mostly indie games I'm going to be disappointed because most of the indie games on steam are stuff platformers.
Agreed I will be very disappointed. There but I think that aside from that there will be regular sales as well. Thats what people on PC Gamer said. Not reddit.

that's a pretty stuffty plan cause even if there isn't a big summer sale there are still weekly sales and other opportunities to save money.

Kane's Wrath had pretty great unit balancing if you knew what you were doing and how to counter units.  The campaign in KW was laughable, however.  Red Alert 3 is just utter bullstuff and even more focused on "rock-paper-scissors" more than ever.  The campaign still blew richard even in coop.
Red alert 3 was one of the CNCs where you couldn't just spam a stuffton of tanks and overrun the enemy base with them. This is entirely possible in CNC 3 & KW 3 and a bunch of other CNCs.
I don't think the balancing is utter bullstuff seeing how you don't have overpowered units or factions. However
in the end it's just opinion based.
Even though the campaign does not become better in COOP you actually get the opportunity to play it with a friend. I don't know another CNC where that was possible without the use of mods.

Dungeon Defenders is down to $5 today, it doesn't matter if it isn't an official summer sale, I'm buying

quitting steam over a sale that hasn't even been given a date yet?

also, one of the Valve forum dudes said
"We are planning a sale sometime this summer. Hope that helps!"

Once i buy all the games i want with the money thats left over i might hold a little come, winner gets like a $20-$25 game?