Author Topic: Private Sections - Now with 100% more truth!  (Read 8782 times)

LOL at how wedge posted in "People to ban"

EDIT: Wedge, can you view any of those topics?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:51:22 PM by Lugnut1206 »

Wait, is it possible to enter one of these threads because there is a "Latest Topic Created" or "Latest Post" displayed at the bottom of the main page?  Wouldn't it be possible to cheat your way into these topics?  Or does SMF not even display updates to inaccessible forums?

Rotondo made a thread about people to ban? :o
It's a general moderation thread and everyone posted in it. Mods on the forum don't have banning privileges, as I recall Badspot or kompressor have to approve every ban... SMF is kind of stuffty in this regard. You have to individually assign permissions to each usergroup and there's like 3 or 4 dozen different permissions and it's not obvious what they do. If you're curious what the back end of the Blockland forums are, go start a demo forum on smfforfree or some other free forum site and take a look at the admin panel. It's a mess.

Could I request a picture of the cool people sub forum?
Sure, you can request a picture, but I'm not going to post one. I'll leave it up to the participants to post their projects when their ready, if they feel like it. I'm sure they'll mention it when PAX comes around, and if they don't, I'll point them out once the games get put up on the site.

why is that one thread by rotondo censored
Because it's regarding a feature that has not been added to Blockland yet. We don't know when it will get added, if ever, so I blacked it out to keep people from getting false hopes about it.

Wait, is it possible to enter one of these threads because there is a "Latest Topic Created" or "Latest Post" displayed at the bottom of the main page?  Wouldn't it be possible to cheat your way into these topics?  Or does SMF not even display updates to inaccessible forums?
Nope. SMF does not display threads that you can't see. The forum obeys this everywhere, even in user stats, etc. For example, if I check my stats panel it says I've spent 5.0495% of my activity in Beta Discussion, but none of you can see that if you look and it says something else.

If you've got any questions about the forums or Blockland in general, feel free to ask.

I like the "people to ban" topics.

Edit:  how did you get these privileges in the first place wedge? I don't know a lot about the early days of blockland.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:36:54 PM by Maze24 »

Because it's regarding a feature that has not been added to Blockland yet. We don't know when it will get added, if ever, so I blacked it out to keep people from getting false hopes about it.

ogm v21 spoilrs

I want to know the feature now D:
Oh and do u have steam

How many people have access to these forums?

For sure Rotondo, Badspot, kompressor, Ephi, wedge.

Maybe kaje and trader?

this thread just explains how much stuff could be underground and how much people just focus on the stuff aboveground

I remember how hard installing add-ons in v8 was. You had to place each file in a specific folder... It was so hard :(

That really excites me. Whether or not it will ever be added, it would be fun to think "what-if." Ya know?

Also, couldn't you have these privileges taken away for showing us? Or is it alright as long as you don't show us what is actually contained in the threads? I don't know why but this is so cool.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:50:32 AM by Awdax »

I agree with Awdax.  Just knowing about all this extra stuff going on is exciting!

can you explain more about the "people to ban" threads
do they just post names? or do they discuss it, or what?

and as I believe someone else has asked, why do you have the ability to see these sections in the first place?

Because he is actually mature/ he has been part of the community for a long time/friend of Badspot

Wedge, how did you gain access to those subforums? :o

I'm an illiterate dumbass.