Author Topic: Private Sections - Now with 100% more truth!  (Read 8790 times)

http://www.freewebs.com/combosecrets/
Holy stuff, I haven't seen one of those animated javascript clocks that follows your cursor around in years!

holy crap

nitramtj is still around?

:o
Yes. He doesn't post on the forums much that I know of. You might see him in game, if you hang out on Badspot's servers.

Wedge, are the pre-Retail posts archived by chance? I remember seeing those back then.
There are some pre-retail posts in General Discussion, and Clan Discussion. Of course, the entire AoT forums is also pre-retail. There's also the secret backup forums that some of the older forum members flock to when the forums are down.

Many of the pre-retail threads were erased when the forums crashed. This includes the first post I ever made on the forum, which was "What's a Corka?"

Here is a thread I posted a while ago that explores the old forums through archive.org: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=81935.0

I think he lives in Oregon. Not sure.

I did some research and Badspot is actually an old man who lives on the coast of Virginia with two kids and one granddaughter! Or there's an innocent old man who gets website bills every month or two...

I can tell you that one of the categories is called Archive - v8 and includes the forums Archive v8 - Add-Ons, Archive v8 - Maps, and Archive v8 - Faces, Decals, Prints. Shortly after v9 was released these forums were publicly accessible. v9 introduced a new add-on package format based on zip files. Before that add-ons were just random files and folders thrown in the add-ons folder. The boards were archived to give add-on owners an opportunity to convert their add-ons, then they were closed down after a few months. You can see some of those forums up in the main post. They've been merged, deleted, and renamed since then.
I remember seeing an add-on with a very large GUI (first weeks of v9), it may have been even been elevators or something. I have wondered what happened to it, and now I know why I couldn't find it. Do you know what add-on I'm referring to?

I have a pretty deep obsession with history in videogames. I used to play this little tiny MMO created by a one man developer called Sherwood Dungeon. You can still find it on maidmarian.com.

But what was truly extraordinary was that the game had nothing more to offer than a simple area to run around in, a tower, some walls, a river, two weapons you can use, a choice of 5 different colors for your armor, and a bunch of spiders and soldiers running around the wilderness, yet people found ways to make so much fun out of it.

I spent hours finding the best ways to use combinations of pressing Ctrl (which would make you attack) and Alt (which would make you block) so that you could achieve the most consecutive hits in a row. I ended up creating a stuffty little website called combosecrets on freewebs that was eventually ruined by me accidentally plastering 8 Puzzle Pirates HTML referrer links on the front of my webpage and not being able to remove them. It's incredibly nostalgic to read it after not playing the game in 7-8 years.
(http://www.freewebs.com/combosecrets/)

People would create their own clans, make their own homerooms, and there was a legend that if you could kill all of one color animal on the map, you would get a sword of that color. It was really awesome thinking back on me playing that crappy little shockwave browser game on my iBook G4 while sitting cross-legged in front of my coffee table in my living room.

OH MY loving GOD
YOU FOUND IT
THATS THE GAME
HOLY loving stuff forget
holy
forget
.. i love you
When I was like 9 or something I had a 'girlfriend' on there