Author Topic: Private Sections - Now with 100% more truth!  (Read 8787 times)

We need top men to pull this heist off.
But thats like robbing a charity shop and taking all the broken toys.

Oh, thanks Wedge for showing us around. ;)

Because he is actually mature/ he has been part of the community for a long time/friend of Badspot
im thinking the fact that hes a beta tester, hes listed in the f1(i think thats it i havnt looked that in a while) book thing iirc

I remember the fail bin and the v8 archives.

Hey Wedge, show us some more pictures if there are any.

I find this oddly fascinating.

I agree, this digging around for history is quite fascinating. Now I know why historians enjoy their jobs.

i hacked the code and uncensored rotondo's post
guis ths be srs bsns

i hacked the code and uncensored rotondo's post
guis ths be srs bsns

-snip-

How many people have access to these forums?

For sure Rotondo, Badspot, kompressor, Ephi, wedge.

Maybe kaje and trader?
Off the top of my head there are about 16 people that have had access to this forum at one point or another. I don't know if they all still have access. It mostly consists of the current and former RTB staff and some former members of the USSR clan, plus a few other people.

Oh and do u have steam
Yeah, it's on my forum profile. I can't really play online games right now though, I've got a pretty terrible Internet connection.

Also, couldn't you have these privileges taken away for showing us? Or is it alright as long as you don't show us what is actually contained in the threads? I don't know why but this is so cool.
The stuff I've shown you isn't especially exciting, and that's just it. There isn't actually anything especially exciting about the hidden forums. They tend to go through long  periods of inactivity and the pace is a lot slower.

We've also posted stuff from these forums before so I'm not doing some horrible thing that's going to get me banned or something. In fact, before the retail version came out I think I duplicated the actual beta forum webpage and hosted it on a google site and branded it as a "beta tester simulator" so you could sit on the page and pretend you were in the beta. None of the links worked but it was still pretty funny.

The Beta Discussion forum has also fallen into disuse. I'm a beta tester and literally everything I know about the next version of Blockland comes from the public development forum. With the new autopatcher we haven't really had to test stuff much anymore.

can you explain more about the "people to ban" threads
do they just post names? or do they discuss it, or what?
It's basically where the forum moderators go to request bans. Generally what happens is they post a link to your recent posts and Badspot takes a look. It's generally obvious if you deserve to be banned. It's a step above the forum report button because it's filtered through the forum mods.

I'll do it when I have some more time. Maybe I'll do like a "Best of the Fail Bin" post that has a collection of the most hilarious and stufftiest posts. I can also dig up some old screenshots from the beta version of Blockland.

I like posting stuff like this because it's funny looking back on the forums. There's a lot of silly posts and a a bunch of drama that was pretty dumb in retrospect. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that I've been posting on them for 7 years, literally a third of my life.

SO basically it's just an invisible dead-beat forum that goes really slow.

Cool.

Maybe I'll do like a "Best of the Fail Bin" post that has a collection of the most hilarious and stufftiest posts.

That would be awesome.

I like posting stuff like this because it's funny looking back on the forums. There's a lot of silly posts and a a bunch of drama that was pretty dumb in retrospect. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that I've been posting on them for 7 years, literally a third of my life.
I have a pretty deep obsession with history in videogames. I used to play this little tiny MMO created by a one man developer called Sherwood Dungeon. You can still find it on maidmarian.com.

But what was truly extraordinary was that the game had nothing more to offer than a simple area to run around in, a tower, some walls, a river, two weapons you can use, a choice of 5 different colors for your armor, and a bunch of spiders and soldiers running around the wilderness, yet people found ways to make so much fun out of it.

I spent hours finding the best ways to use combinations of pressing Ctrl (which would make you attack) and Alt (which would make you block) so that you could achieve the most consecutive hits in a row. I ended up creating a stuffty little website called combosecrets on freewebs that was eventually ruined by me accidentally plastering 8 Puzzle Pirates HTML referrer links on the front of my webpage and not being able to remove them. It's incredibly nostalgic to read it after not playing the game in 7-8 years.
(http://www.freewebs.com/combosecrets/)

People would create their own clans, make their own homerooms, and there was a legend that if you could kill all of one color animal on the map, you would get a sword of that color. It was really awesome thinking back on me playing that crappy little shockwave browser game on my iBook G4 while sitting cross-legged in front of my coffee table in my living room.

I used to play all the maidmarian games, so much nostalgia. I wish I could remember my login info for Sherwood Dungeon.

I used to play all the maidmarian games, so much nostalgia. I wish I could remember my login info for Sherwood Dungeon.
If I recall the login system was only implemented around 2008 or 2009.

Gene Endrody has done a lot with the game while being an educator and I really respect the amount of work he's put into it over the years.

Anyone remember the site, the cutting room floor? That site was awesome. All of the deleted stuff from old games fascinated me.