Author Topic: CiV Gods & Kings released  (Read 896 times)

I'm pretty excited.  Anyone else bought it?  Feel free to post your initial thoughts, thorough reviews, problems, concerns, etc.

I would have gotten it on release if it wasn't as much as the game...

I got done playing for the night.  I founded my first religion and I've spawned Great Prophets out the wazoo, and completely converted another civilization to my cause.  Just brushed espionage with my first spy.  I'm playing with 9 other AI civs and the game takes much less time with each turn amazingly.  In vanilla, it took a while for games with more than 6 AI per turn (I own a Core i7-930 first gen, for reference).

All in all, I'm pleased with the expansion so far.  The game throws a LOT of new stuff at you and you almost panic over if you may do something wrong but you carefully manage.

Think it might go on sale this summer?

If it wasn't so goddamn expensive.
I recently bought CIV5 GOTY.
And i love it.

So this is a must buy when the sale hits.

Yeah if this goes on sale more than 70% i might get it.
If you go back a game that had all these features to begin with...
Well you see teh difference.

I got this, played a complete game with it.

Sadly religion was not as big of an influence as I had hoped it would have.  Espionage is fun and rather useful.  It becomes even more useful if your not in the lead with technologies.

The new technology rebalance and unit rebalance are both really nice and flow well, I like the new range units and how far their path goes.

What's that skin?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1914848

Think it might go on sale this summer?
I'm thinking maybe a slight chance of it going on sale for a very small amount.  I won't be mad if it does but I can imagine lots of people who already bought it for 10% off will.

I thought Huns were going to be lame with their bonuses but I am playing right now and kicking ass as them. Took out Ethiopia before turn 75 and Carthage more recently (she put up a fight with her damn elephants) next up I turn my attention south to get Babylon and later Songhai. I own like 10 cities, four captured cities (two of them capitals), the rest captured city states I hope to kill everyone before they can get off the continent and go whining to someone for help. My Court is surrounded in dense jungle and my religion gives me culture for each jungle tile (I also have a university for science in them too). So fun :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:43:19 PM by Ladios »

Preordered it.
Sweden is pretty lame in it so far, but I haven't unlocked Hakkapeliita/Caroleans yet. Haven't unlocked espionage yet either. Not sure about how to spread the religion.

Yeah, the price made me go "wtf" when I first saw it. I'll wait until it goes on sale for now. It sounds pretty cool, though.