Author Topic: What does it take to get a game on steam?  (Read 2967 times)

I've told people before and they did seem interested. Never heard from them after those moments though.

I've told people before and they did seem interested. Never heard from them after those moments though.
Gah, this happens all the time.
I've mentioned it to a few good friends and then they never actually give it a try.

Has Badspot even though about it, I dont understand why he wouldn't...

As a developer I can see lots of bonuses, but I could see the community not wanting it,

but in this case the community is all for it

Has Badspot even though about it, I dont understand why he wouldn't...

As a developer I can see lots of bonuses, but I could see the community not wanting it,

but in this case the community is all for it
Not really, I like Blockland the way it is.
If it expands then so be it, but I really like knowing just about everyone.

Revelations 2012 is only there cause it uses source engine which is loving stupid. Plenty of good games have been rejected by steam but they let that stuff in because its source

all of this

you could make a hyper-realisitc stuff eating simulator in source and they'd greenlight it

it's practically nepotism.

If you actually play Blockland, you would think this is good.

If Badspot starts getting some serious dough from Blockland, he will start working on it a whole lot more probably.

Revelations 2012 is only there cause it uses source engine which is loving stupid. Plenty of good games have been rejected by steam but they let that stuff in because its source

then it's simple, just convert blockland to the source engine!!

Badspot why isn't this game on steam?

Badspot why isn't this game on steam?
I'm curious to know as well.  I'm sure he's considered it at least once.

I agree. This isn't the first topic talking about this. I would really like to know what Badspot thinks about it.

Maybe if he puts it on steam he can afford a new engine.
Not source, though.
Like new physics engines and stuff.

Maybe he'd hire an actual staff and form a company, Garnyjang.

Maybe he'd hire an actual staff and form a company, Garnyjang.
why would they name it after komp when badspot's like the lead guy (or is he?)

Garnyjang has a better ring than Hartmanjang.

i might sound selfish, but honestly i don't think i'd like blockland being on steam. i prefer a small community. even now, it seems blockland is being filled with dumbasses. i cant imagine what the game would be like if it became popular with hundreds of servers and thousands of players online constantly

however, all of my support goes to badspot becoming a more successful and well known developer
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:41:58 PM by Solid »