Author Topic: Husk - Hide & seek in the dark except you die  (Read 10896 times)

HUSK

What is Husk?
Husk was a game concept I started developing about a year ago, it's until now I have finally been able to pick it up and start getting some development done.

How is Husk played?
Husk is a multiplayer first person "horror" game, playing off the old rules Hide & Seek and typical Cat & Mouse style gameplay. One player is "It" in this case the Stalker, the Stalker's objective is to hunt down and kill every Husk. Husks are al the other players, through out rounds on the game they are helpless and can only run away from the Stalker.

Players play on a dark unlit map, players can turn on lights in other rooms however they can only have 3 rooms lit at a time. The Stalker can't go into a lit room or he will start to take damage. The Husk's objective is to kill the Stalker by luring him into lit rooms. The Stalker can shut off the entire maps power by using a fuse box. Husks can turn the power back on by using another Fusebox.

You can read the original concept document on the Dev blog

Where can I find this Dev blog?
Right here http://huskdev.tumblr.com/

Will you be taking up Alpha/Beta testers?
Yes, the Blockland forums will probably get first pick since this is where the project was sort of first talked about.
However, I'm not taking applications at the moment since we're only in pre alpha stages.

How is Husk being made?
Husk is being modelled and animated in Blender, and coded in C# and JavaScript using the Unity engine.

Screen Shots
Pre Alpha Builds

HELP WANTED

If you can help in anyway with coding or modelling assets (preferably coding)
then please leave me a message on the Dev blog
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:33:54 PM by tommy631 »

I like this.
The night vision for the Stalker could be so that it could see in the dark, but light is too bright to see anything clearly in it.
But perhaps it could make out the shapes of husks?
Idk.

This looks amazing
I would love to beta this

I had an idea like this a long time ago it's cool to see something like that being made. :o

So the Stalker will have glowing white eyes?
Why not have the Husks occasionally "hallucinate" a pair of white eyes in the dark?

How's the theme song coming along?

This looks so loving cool. I hope "Hide & seek in the dark except you die" is the permanent tagline for the game.

Did you buy the full unity licence thing with the fancy mod tools and all that stuff?

Did you buy the full unity licence thing with the fancy mod tools and all that stuff?
I'm not coding it
someone named Jason Lau is
he's doing a pretty good job too