Author Topic: Husk - Hide & seek in the dark except you die  (Read 10898 times)

Stop suggesting things

Especially elements from games I've never played or ever going to play

Stop suggesting things

Especially elements from games I've never played or ever going to play
So no merch

Why would I make merch for a game that isn't anywhere beyond basic movement
Seriously you guys we're nowhere near alpha and many of the assets haven't even been started. If I was in a workspace with more than just two people then this would get done a lot faster but that's not the case. Jason as far as I know is in France. And he's our ONLY coder so it's just the two of us working on it in our free time. I'm organizing stuff with the TF2 emporium and working on another game with TreeSun.net which is another 3D title being done in GM which I have zero confidence in GMs 3D capabilities. Also I have some taxation to take care of, apartments to find, student loans to organize, luggage to pack, and college to attend in the fall because unlike many of you kids, I have a career to kick start. So I have a LOT of stuff that needs taken care of.

Trust me. Enjoy the time you have in school now and do the best you can. Don't let tedious things like video games and the Internet slow you down, and certainly do NOT start a relationship in high school they're disasterous and will slow you down and make you miserable. Speaking from experience here. I'm glad I was able to graduate with honors. Once you're out of school you have a ton of new stuff coming your way.

I don't get much time to develop this since working with people around the world is really inconvinient. This is my first major project as lead designer. Because I don't know how to code nor understand its limits and flexibility that makes my job harder. That's why I just want to develop with other people who I'm in the same room with.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:27:14 AM by tommy631 »

Sorry, I didn't understand how much you had to do.
Good luck with everything.

I'd buy a tshirt with this on it
[img ]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4t4ltQDGO1rr2lt2o1_1280.png[/img]

Why would I make merch for a game that isn't anywhere beyond basic movement
Seriously you guys we're nowhere near alpha and many of the assets haven't even been started. If I was in a workspace with more than just two people then this would get done a lot faster but that's not the case. Jason as far as I know is in France. And he's our ONLY coder so it's just the two of us working on it in our free time. I'm organizing stuff with the TF2 emporium and working on another game with TreeSun.net which is another 3D title being done in GM which I have zero confidence in GMs 3D capabilities. Also I have some taxation to take care of, apartments to find, student loans to organize, luggage to pack, and college to attend in the fall because unlike many of you kids, I have a career to kick start. So I have a LOT of stuff that needs taken care of.

Trust me. Enjoy the time you have in school now and do the best you can. Don't let tedious things like video games and the Internet slow you down, and certainly do NOT start a relationship in high school they're disasterous and will slow you down and make you miserable. Speaking from experience here. I'm glad I was able to graduate with honors. Once you're out of school you have a ton of new stuff coming your way.

I don't get much time to develop this since working with people around the world is really inconvinient. This is my first major project as lead designer. Because I don't know how to code nor understand its limits and flexibility that makes my job harder. That's why I just want to develop with other people who I'm in the same room with.
This is probably one of the best posts I've read ever from an emerging game developer.  Good luck in your future, and good luck with your game!

Instead of just a punch of random death you should kind of make it as the knife in BF3.

ORRR because the stalker is bigger then the husks then you could have the husks get sucked into him when they punch him.
Worst ideas I've ever heard.

It looks amazing. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this in gameplay.

Also, do you have a price range set? Or is it just a free indie game?

EDIT: Also, will this be available on mac? I do not have any Windows computers sadly. And i would love to play this on my IMac. Im also tired of seeing great games that i cant play due a computer difference :c
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:34:17 PM by rambo1220 »

If this all works out, my money will not be able to fly out of my wallet fast enough.

I'm hoping to make it my first retail project. Looking around 10 to 15 dollars. And as far as I know unity can compile for windows and mac

i know you're shunning design ideas, but punching seems so docile. i think it would make a little more sense if the stalker, like slashed the husk with claws.

Idk... Look at the stalkers' arms. I wouldn't wanna get punched by one.

i know you're shunning design ideas, but punching seems so docile. i think it would make a little more sense if the stalker, like slashed the husk with claws.
A punch seems fine if it's a particularly tough punch that like, explodes/disintegrates the husk.

A punch seems fine if it's a particularly tough punch that like, explodes/disintegrates the husk.
Idk... Look at the stalkers' arms. I wouldn't wanna get punched by one.
yeah, i guess so

dear hawf,

please make exploding punch arms

from, anti-block