blota.beta3 - released

Author Topic: blota.beta3 - released  (Read 41893 times)

[ img width=128]http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/7/18520504427-orig.png[/img]
i see nothing wrong here.

i'm not basing the graphics completely off of unity.
and i'll find some better icons soon.
You should, the bits you kept look good but the bits that are custom don't look as good. I agree with Port, the notifications look weird. Do something like this:

You can do that easy with bitmap borders. Also, if you need icons, just use one of the thousands of Linux icon sets that are free.

Could I have that save please?
It's a default save

What port's seeing is because the colors are lighter on the alerts than the bar, so it appears as if the alerts are overlapping the bar by a pixel due to contrast
Moving them down a pixel or making them z-ordered under the bar will probably fix the issue
That's my guess anyway

Also calling him autistic for calling terrible icons terrible is just being a douche even if I agree he's autistic

Cool, another pointless menu replacement. The default RTB notifications look a lot better.

not to sound like a ponce, but I think, as a beta tester, I shouldn't have to directly tell you what to put in the mod. I should simply tell you whether or not I think it's bad.

I'll try to submit some suggestions and bug reports.

Good job Munk and TPB on making this look acceptable, Unlike to many other menu replacement modifications.

I really like the art on it.

What I thought you said I was in.

Cool, another pointless menu replacement. The default RTB notifications look a lot better.
I never liked them.
You should, the bits you kept look good but the bits that are custom don't look as good. I agree with Port, the notifications look weird. Do something like this:

[im g]http://linuxlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ubuntu-11-10-11.jpg[/img]

You can do that easy with bitmap borders. Also, if you need icons, just use one of the thousands of Linux icon sets that are free.
I'll talk to Munk about it.

This looks pretty good, though I do suggest changing those two icons.

I'm still not seeing what's wrong with the notifications. Maybe if he didn't have it all blurry when he zoomed it in.

This looks pretty good, though I do suggest changing those two icons.

I'm still not seeing what's wrong with the notifications. Maybe if he didn't have it all blurry when he zoomed it in.
The pictures Port took was from the mockup.

Looks nice, but you should think about the people who have a small resolution and don't have a widescreen monitor, some of the add-ons that work like this sometimes got cutoff by my small resolution.

Another one of these, what?

Looks nice, but you should think about the people who have a small resolution and don't have a widescreen monitor, some of the add-ons that work like this sometimes got cutoff by my small resolution.
Do you see how small the interface elements are? I don't think resolution will be an issue.