Author Topic: blota.beta3 - released  (Read 41677 times)

The icon is oddly offset with awkward shapes and even has slight aliasing in places.

I have no anti-alias issue on my computer and see no issue in that screenshot. Looks smooth to me.

But primarily the style simply doesn't fit at all into the rest of the design.

I disagree. This has a Ubuntu essence to it, and icons that are reminiscent of KDE Linux. Even so, I'm not sure its up to us to tell the creator what their 'primary design style' is.

I have no anti-alias issue on my computer and see no issue in that screenshot. Looks smooth to me.

I disagree. This has a Ubuntu essence to it, and icons that are reminiscent of KDE Linux. Even so, I'm not sure its up to us to tell the creator what their 'primary design style' is.
Except it's based on Unity which is not KDE based, but Gnome based (which has much better icon sets.. KDE's icon sets are not good to look at, I would argue they're the worst of all desktop environments).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:24:26 AM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

Except it's based on Unity which is not KDE based, but Gnome based (which has much better icon sets.. KDE's icon sets are not good to look at, I would argue they're the worst of all desktop environments).
this.
I also just realized, this looks slightly like GNOME 3 as well.
i would still choose GNOME 2 over 3 any day though :u

Yes, sorry if there was a mis-communication but I was stating the visual look as being "reminiscent of KDE" with reference to the Linux approach. Not that Ubuntu is based on KDE, though I believe you can install it or use the unofficial KDE version 'Kubuntu'.

Topbar icons have been implemented.
First one is the LAG replacement, and the second is the super shift replacement.

Any ideas as to what else we can add?

this.
I also just realized, this looks slightly like GNOME 3 as well.
i would still choose GNOME 2 over 3 any day though :u[/size
You know you can use MATE. Which is a fork of Gnome 2

You know you can use MATE. Which is a fork of Gnome 2
Except the developers are incompetent. Cinnamon is much better if you're that stuck on the generic Windows / Gnome 2 design. I find Gnome 3 is 100x more usable and customizable.

What is with all the confusing terms
Gnome?
Mate?
cinnamon?

I'm confused.

What is with all the confusing terms
Gnome?
Mate?
cinnamon?

I'm confused.
Desktop interfaces.

Desktop interfaces.
I'm guessing for Ubuntu? (bear with me I've never used Linux or Ubuntu)

omg i just installed gnome 3 today and love it

what a coincidence this topic pops up
I'm guessing for Ubuntu? (bear with me I've never used Linux or Ubuntu)
linux in general

bump and when do you think the next beta/whatever will be available for testers?

bump and when do you think the next beta/whatever will be available for testers?
like the next update?
I'm not really sure, maybe Munk can answer that.

Well, we have made a lot of progress. Right now we are working on the new notifications, than will move to options. I am hoping to be done by tomorrow night, because I leave Wednesday and won't be back until Friday. So the next beta will either be out tomorrow night or this weekend.

Well, we have made a lot of progress. Right now we are working on the new notifications, than will move to options. I am hoping to be done by tomorrow night, because I leave Wednesday and won't be back until Friday. So the next beta will either be out tomorrow night or this weekend.
yeee