blota.beta3 - released

Author Topic: blota.beta3 - released  (Read 41433 times)

make it so your mouse hovers over the text it gets bigger
no.
it becomes opaque.

I've never used the GUI editor (although I would love to try it some day).

Most likely a conflicting add-on, I'll look into it.

Edit: Found the mods...both of these conflict, you might want to think about adding these features to blota, they are quite useful.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=82836.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=143125.0
Completely forgot that I had made favorite servers. Anyways, in what way does it conflict?

I don't usually post stuff on this forum...in-fact I haven't in months but because my friends have been developing this mod I've been following it. From what I can see is that people are treating the BETA as a final product and then complaining, the BETA is designed to sort out these issues so theres no need to throw a hissyfit.

Lastly (this is directed at the developers) please don't try to include every single person's comments because frankly it's impossible. Everyone keeps saying change this, change that however from what I've seen it's almost impossible to completely satisfy everyone, this is why I recommend that you keep the menu as simple (still looking good though) and then simply have an options menu or even a kind of modding / app support so that people can tweak the interface to there own liking by themselves.

Lastly (this is directed at the developers) please don't try to include every single person's comments because frankly it's impossible. Everyone keeps saying change this, change that however from what I've seen it's almost impossible to completely satisfy everyone, this is why I recommend that you keep the menu as simple (still looking good though) and then simply have an options menu or even a kind of modding / app support so that people can tweak the interface to there own liking by themselves.
we're not including everyone's comments and the like.
we're also more than likely going to re-do the menu with the mockup a posted a few pages back so it looks more like a "menu" rather than a "desktop" if you will.
i believe we're going to allow theme support as well, but i'm not 100% sure.

From what I can see is that people are treating the BETA as a final product and then complaining, the BETA is designed to sort out these issues so theres no need to throw a hissyfit.
what

We're pointing out all the flaws in the design for the betterment of it. If we don't complain, nothing changes.

Completely forgot that I had made favorite servers. Anyways, in what way does it conflict?

Is this supposed to happen?

plus are we not going to go through with this or what.

I do think we should, I only made that alternative to add sorting in quickly.

"Something needs to go here"
How about an add to favorites button?

"Something needs to go here"
How about an add to favorites button?
that would work...

"Favorites        No [add button]"
"Favorites        Yes [delete button]"

Yeah, can the servers be a customized color on the list?

If we don't complain, nothing changes.
they grow up so fast ;-;

Hey, one other issue.
For some reason, in this newest version, my mouse, and windows "Stick" so to speak.
When I move my mouse, a trail of cursors are sitting there on top of the desktop.
When I close a window, it stays in the background, even though it isn't there.
Help?

Just restart blockland.

Just restart blockland.

No, that doesn't work, re-install blota.

No, that doesn't work, re-install blota.

I've done both, and neither worked.
:(
I even reinstalled BL.