Why Is Bot Events So Buggy?

Author Topic: Why Is Bot Events So Buggy?  (Read 1771 times)

I am talking about this Addon

I honestly wonder why this hasn't been fail binned.
  • -The bots can kill you outside of a minigame.
  • -The bots can crash your server if too many spawn at once (this happened to me and my server when there were only 6 bots spawning at once.)
  • -The bots are downright stupid.  I lost count of how many times the bot stop fighting to stand on top of each other and stare.

Did I download the wrong version or what?  I hear nothing but good comments on the RTB page but I can barely get the thing to work correctly.

bots are broken cuz amade is ded

also bots are how fungus works

except its not fungus
dun dun dunnnn

I Agree, but it's not like you can make it act like an exact player.

I Agree, but it's not like you can make it act like an exact player.
Seeing how players are pretty linear and predictable, I'm sure that idea isn't too far off.

You could report it!
try that and make sure to include the fact that it can crash servers.

try that and make sure to include the fact that it can crash servers.
that quote must be applied... to everything

Bots work fine. Just don't event them stupidly or spam them and you'll have no problem.

Bots work fine. Just don't event them stupidly or spam them and you'll have no problem.
sheath, let me introduce you to a little something i call the HUMAN FACTOR

Any server with bot events is open to attack. I never have bot events enabled, and if I do, building is disabled.

OnBotSpawn > Self > RecoverVehicle
I think

Someone crashed my server with this.

a little something i call the HUMAN FACTOR

BURN ITTT

Any server with bot events is open to attack. I never have bot events enabled, and if I do, building is disabled.
OnBotSpawn > Self > RecoverVehicle
I think

Thanks

Well time to delete bot events.

Vehicle events are possibly even more dangerous.

onVehicleSpawn -> Vehicle -> SetDamageLevel -> 9999Creates an unattached dead vehicle with an emitter.
onVehicleSpawn -> Vehicle -> RespawnRespawns the vehicle in the next simulation tick.

If your game was initially running at 60 TPS, within one minute you'll have 3600 (not counting TPS decrease) dead vehicles (with physics and networking for every single one) each with a fire emitter on it. Not fun.

Because Bot Events is a buggy.