Poll

Do you think Mr. Hartman should put his game on Steam Greenlight for us to vote on?

Yes!
No. (Specify)
I'm not sure...

Author Topic: ▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓  (Read 19031 times)

god dammit Badspot hurry up yes or no.

It's pretty pathetic how the naysayers are scraping together excuses from some fantasy world they live in where they are a shining beacon of intelligence and anyone who commits the unspeakable act of joining the game after them has brain damage.

This sums up my thoughts and perfectly describes most of the people in this topic who are against it. 9/10 would agree with again.

Well your right, but one thing that helped Minecraft was that people posted about it on other places.
People post about Blockland in other places.

We're trying to get it 'posted' on Steam.

For those who want a badge thing for non-steam players, we already (somewhat) have one.
A low(er) BL_ID.

For those who disagree with it, you can't do much because you already have a lower BL_ID from before the steam members rose up from hell.

It may be discriminatory, but you do realize people with the lowest "ID Badge" would still be considered top stuff for no reason. Hell, that even happens a lot in the game today, without Steam even being part of it.
BL_ID 1205.
praise me!

If blockland has a larger community it is going to have to have a larger staff so it can keep all the incompetent idiots who cannot make add-ons posting in Add-Ons.

If blockland has a larger community it is going to have to have a larger staff so it can keep all the incompetent idiots who cannot make add-ons posting in Add-Ons.
Yes, but what if Blockland, if it ever does go on Steam, becomes compatible with Steam Workshop?

Yes, but what if Blockland, if it ever does go on Steam, becomes compatible with Steam Workshop?
Then it becomes compatible with Steam Workshop.

Then it becomes compatible with Steam Workshop.
God damn it you're not getting the point.
Anyone could really post anything in Steam Workshop, like in G-Mod, 1/4 of the mods there are either broken, incompatible, or just plain stupid.

Anyone could really post anything in Steam Workshop, like in G-Mod, 1/4 of the mods there are either broken, incompatible, or just plain stupid.
This, a billion loving times this.

and those items get downrated and then nobody sees them again

Garry's Mod is a bad example because it's community is stuff idiots.

Not sure how the forums are any different.

Ah, right, the Fail Bin.

hmm.

Not as if Blockland would ever really need that anyway. Installing mods is pretty straightforward I see no reason for it to use Steam Workshop anyway. Also keep in mind there are a very very small amount of games on the Steam Workshop out of the huge amounts of games on Steam.

Garry's Mod is a bad example because it's community is stuff idiots.
Blockland on Steam would probably attract a lot of the Garrys Mod crowd, I think.

The fact that Blockland has an administration would probably kick most of their asses in to slightly less tardis shape/deactivate IDs.

god dammit Badspot hurry up yes or no.

Pretty much this.

Remember when Blockland was offered to be bought by Lego.
Badspot didn't accept the offer because it was a bad move to be bought by Lego.
I thought badspot accepted their offer but never received word from lego after that?