▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓

Poll

Do you think Mr. Hartman should put his game on Steam Greenlight for us to vote on?

Yes!
No. (Specify)
I'm not sure...

Author Topic: ▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓  (Read 19118 times)

We will have even MORE low-quality servers to sift through.
Honestly, I don't think that much population is a good idea.

Oh my god. You people have no idea what i'm talking about.
Minecraft : Modify core files in order to change the experience
Blockland : Place the ZIP file in Add-Ons folder and enable it

The only reason Minecraft was never on steam is because of the fact you had to modify minecraft.jar in order to install mods, which would make Steam overwrite it. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about yourself.

We would not gain that many more people. I was playing Vindictus for awhile before it got added to steam, and when it was I could barely tell the difference. Most of the people who will use this will already own the game.

All I'd imagine is how the key system would still work should this happen, would it be on the "Purchase Success" page, or the receipt page? Or something completely different?

Hey everyone, here's a huge tip.

When something is on steam, it doesn't only have to be on steam. Blockland will not become a steam game when and if it does get on there. I strongly believe that we'll still be able to use Blockland the way we normally do while other people can buy it and use it through steam. It's all about publicity, that's what the whole 'get blockland on steam' goal is. It's not just so people can play it through steam and with all those steam features. Also, anyone saying 'but i like a small community', forget off. It's not all about you. There would be nothing wrong with having a larger community. We would only be getting more ideas, and a larger list of busy servers to jump in and enjoy. Maybe if you weren't so uptight and force yourself to not enjoy anything you could have some fun in Blockland. Many people bash several kinds of servers yet I can jump into the worst of family RPs and have fun. But some of you will look for any one problem and consider the server 'absolute stuff' from there.

All I'd imagine is how the key system would still work should this happen, would it be on the "Purchase Success" page, or the receipt page? Or something completely different?
If you've ever bought a game that needs keys (Magicka), it will give you the key in some link that opens up a message box whenever you need it.

If you've ever bought a game that needs keys (Magicka), it will give you the key in some link that opens up a message box whenever you need it.
Ah yes, I completely forgot about the CD Key popup, thanks for reminding me.

Minecraft : Modify core files in order to change the experience
Blockland : Place the ZIP file in Add-Ons folder and enable it

The only reason Minecraft was never on steam is because of the fact you had to modify minecraft.jar in order to install mods, which would make Steam overwrite it. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about yourself.
Steam only overwrites it when there is an update or you tell it to. It doesn't do it all the time á la Badspot.

When something is on steam, it doesn't only have to be on steam. Blockland will not become a steam game when and if it does get on there. I strongly believe that we'll still be able to use Blockland the way we normally do while other people can buy it and use it through steam. It's all about publicity, that's what the whole 'get blockland on steam' goal is. It's not just so people can play it through steam and with all those steam features. Also, anyone saying 'but i like a small community', forget off. It's not all about you. There would be nothing wrong with having a larger community. We would only be getting more ideas, and a larger list of busy servers to jump in and enjoy. Maybe if you weren't so uptight and force yourself to not enjoy anything you could have some fun in Blockland. Many people bash several kinds of servers yet I can jump into the worst of family RPs and have fun. But some of you will look for any one problem and consider the server 'absolute stuff' from there.
If it gets on Steam, I hope there will be some way to add the game back to there anyway, because it's convenient to have pretty much everything in the same place.

Well, Magicka only requires the key for the forums (actually this applies to all Paradox games, and works similarly to these forums), but the principle is the same. Bunch of Heroes, WH40K: Dawn of War, The Settlers 5: Heritage of Kings, and Frozen Synapse also use keys (and probably much more).

I'd rather Blockland not be on Steam, though it is Badspot's opinion. If Steam users did buy it, they would expect a high-def sandbox/FPS like Garry's Mod 13 or Battlefield 3, but Blockland's graphics are very minimal to modern day games. With the new shading and terrain update coming, new Steam players will be disappointed that there are no terrains. But, Blockland's sales would increase from popularity and maybe could get more people on the development team. I also agree to one of the people who already posted, the pre-Steam players should get some sort of badge, declaring that they played Blockland when it wasn't on Steam yet.

If Steam users did buy it, they would expect a high-def sandbox/FPS like Garry's Mod 13 or Battlefield 3, but Blockland's graphics are very minimal to modern day games. With the new shading and terrain update coming, new Steam players will be disappointed that there are no terrains.

They couldn't because they wouldn't experience terrain/interiors.

So it's sort of like CUUSOO for Steam?

I'd rather Blockland not be on Steam, though it is Badspot's opinion. If Steam users did buy it, they would expect a high-def sandbox/FPS like Garry's Mod 13 or Battlefield 3, but Blockland's graphics are very minimal to modern day games. With the new shading and terrain update coming, new Steam players will be disappointed that there are no terrains. But, Blockland's sales would increase from popularity and maybe could get more people on the development team. I also agree to one of the people who already posted, the pre-Steam players should get some sort of badge, declaring that they played Blockland when it wasn't on Steam yet.
What. No. Blockland's graphics are a stylistic choice and a great one at that. Badges are just another way to make people think they are superior to others which is stupid.

Wait, people seriously expect Badspot to hire anyone?

This topic really helps sort the handicapped elitists from the normal players. Makes me welcome an even larger community even more so you friends will get lost in it and none of us have to encounter you.

This topic really helps sort the handicapped elitists from the normal players. Makes me welcome an even larger community even more so you friends will get lost in it and none of us have to encounter you.
This. A lot.

But we'd have more friends floating around, and that would counter you're proposition our old cigarettes would get lost in the new aggressive friend pack!