Poll

Do you think Mr. Hartman should put his game on Steam Greenlight for us to vote on?

Yes!
No. (Specify)
I'm not sure...

Author Topic: ▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓  (Read 19037 times)

The BL_ID system wouldn't be abolished, where are you getting that from? You'd just get a key when starting the game, similarly to some other games on Steam. That said, the server browser could certainly be improved.

That said, I doubt this would happen.

Steam workshop integration for Blockland would be awesome, on the other hand, with chat, screenshot sharing, clan management, and mods in the hands of Steam RTB doesn't have much left to do.
How would it work though? Similarly to the add-on board (in that broken/exploiting add-ons are taken down, but they aren't pre-approved)? Also, you forget the build gallery thing.

Broken mods are already submitted to other workshops. They get downvoted and nobody uses them.

As someone who has played the game for 7 years I can tell you the community definitely hasn't gotten any worse. Somewhere between v12 and now you just became an starfish.
Honestly, it's just my observation. You have been around longer than me, yeah, but still, lately a lot of bad people started to show up the few times I host a public server.

Honestly, it's just my observation. You have been around longer than me, yeah, but still, lately a lot of bad people started to show up the few times I host a public server.

Maybe they just don't like you or your server, idk

Could be confirmation bias, you believe the community is getting worse so you see more bad players. I don't know how you run your server and I'm not going to tell you how to run it, but I run a dedicated server and we only ban a couple people a week. I doubt that we are somehow getting all the good players and all the bad ones join your server.

Maybe they just don't like you or your server, idk

Most of these people were strangers to me. I rarely post in the forums or RTB, so I don't know where their disposition to me is comming from.

Could be confirmation bias, you believe the community is getting worse so you see more bad players.
I have seen and made some good friends lately. The rate of bad people still overshadows that small number. Maybe I just expect the wrong things from people and that's why I think it's getting worse.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:54:58 AM by Snick0rz »

A few games don't let regular players host. Therefore, it is a privilege.

Try harder.
every sandbox game i've found so far allows players to host their own servers. it's to be expected with games like this. in the games that don't, hosting would be a privilege. in BLOCKLAND, everyone can host so it isn't a privilege. in the games that allow everyone to host, it is a feature. you cant say try harder if you're super-noob wrong.

a privilege would be posting on these forums. it's not a feature because it doesn't ship with the game. removing the ability to host would be removing a feature of the game, that would be a change when you start up blockland. removing the ability to post here would not affect the game because it's a privilege you get outside of the game.
the group of people being all of us

a while ago you had to go through a butt-load of painful port-forwarding just to get your server up, now the privilege is handed to you on a golden platter

please don't hit me
its not a privilege handed to you because you always had it. we don't have to go through the 'pain' of port forwarding because a FEATURE was added that auto port-forwards.

if this is on steam i don't want anything to do with steam. i bought the game and am able to play it without using steam. i want to remain being able to play it without using steam. if it was on steam does badspot still have the ability to revoke keys and remove the ability to post to the masterlist? would the masterlist be moved to a steam server?

It's pretty pathetic how the naysayers are scraping together excuses from some fantasy world they live in where they are a shining beacon of intelligence and anyone who commits the unspeakable act of joining the game after them has brain damage.

The reason this game will not be on steam is the same reason minecraft will not be on steam:
no modding support.

The reason this game will not be on steam is the same reason minecraft will not be on steam:
no modding support.

Because Blockland Mods totally change stuff in Blocklands most important files. The modding support is given at any time, Add-On system.

no modding support.
Is that why Garry's Mod isn't on Steam?

Steam has mod support...

And stop saying that hosting should be a privilege. Anyone can host.

no modding support.
Terraria has no modding support, yet has mods. It's on Steam.

Oh my god. You people have no idea what i'm talking about.

Oh my god. You people have no idea what i'm talking about.
elaborate?