Poll

Do you think Mr. Hartman should put his game on Steam Greenlight for us to vote on?

Yes!
No. (Specify)
I'm not sure...

Author Topic: ▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓  (Read 19111 times)

People Hi-jacking servers.

Hacking into Admin Passwords banning everyone.

Also.
NO MOAR RTB

Orly?
How does the Server Remember the Password for Admin, SA and the Server Itself? IT HAS A LOG INWHICH IT IS KEPT AND PEEPS CAN HAX INTEW ITZ
Hi-jack a Server Banish everyone De-admin all SAs because URHAX

EXACTLY? The same thing? So EVERYTHING still there? nop.

There are so many reasons why this wouldn't work. Did you guys at least get Badspot's permission?

This would be a really bad move.

There are so many reasons why this wouldn't work.
Care to elaborate?
Did you guys at least get Badspot's permission?
That's what this topic is for.

Care to elaborate?

If you want to be extra awesome you need to quote yourself from the future without getting a last edit note added to your post.

If you want to be extra awesome you need to quote yourself from the future without getting a last edit note added to your post.
When does the forum do this? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I never understood the pattern.

I read that as movie :cookieMonster:

When does the forum do this? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I never understood the pattern.
There is a 5-or-so minutes limit from the time of posting.

Care to elaborate?That's what this topic is for.

Alright.
1. I'm not entirely sure how the server list would work if this went through. Maybe Kalphiter can explain.
2. Steam likes to eat an amount of the profits. Badspot would get less money per key than before.
3. I like our tiny community. Obviously if the majority doesn't care than this point isn't valid, though.
4. The game might not even make enough profit to outweigh the cons. Who's gonna buy a game from 2005 in that community? It seems to be made up of people who like to play shooters, puzzles, point and clicks, etc. A building game might not be up their alley.
5. What would we do with the current players? The key system we have now would probably go out the window.

Watch this.

Watch this.

Watch this.

1. I'm not entirely sure how the server list would work if this went through. Maybe Kalphiter can explain.
Exactly the same as before.

2. Steam likes to eat an amount of the profits. Badspot would get less money per key than before.
The very widened audience would be worth the slight decrease in money per person.

4. The game might not even make enough profit to outweigh the cons. Who's gonna buy a game from 2005 in that community? It seems to be made up of people who like to play shooters, puzzles, point and clicks, etc. A building game might not be up their alley.
Pretty sure all kinds of people have Steam.

5. What would we do with the current players? The key system we have now would probably go out the window.
Nope, that would work exactly the same as before.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:28:37 PM by DontCare4Free »

Watch this.

He said quote yourself from the future. lol

1. I'm not entirely sure how the server list would work if this went through.
The same way it does now.
A million sales with $5 profit is more money than a thousand sales with $10 profit.
3. I like our tiny community. Obviously if the majority doesn't care than this point isn't valid, though.
No.
Gmod, Minecraft. A lot of people play both those games.
No, it wouldn't change in the slightest.

I don't want every random schmuck in Blockland to have my steam. I like my friend's list below 20 people.

If I need to communicate to a specific member of the game, I can do so through RTB Connect. If I need someone on my contact list so I can talk to them at any time, I use Steam or MSN.
Couldn't agree anymore.

Edit:
Kalphiter's right, Notch didn't put Minecraft on steam even though I think they made an offer more than once and its still a big hit, it just needed some time.

I mighty have confused some people a bit, what I meant that what do you think would have happened if Notch accepted the offer from steam?

Sounds Familiar?

Remember when Blockland was offered to be bought by Lego.
Badspot didn't accept the offer because it was a bad move to be bought by Lego.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:53:37 PM by ShadowZero »

Kalphiter's right, Notch didn't put Minecraft on steam even though I think they made an offer more than once and its still a big hit, it just needed some time.
Blockland is older than Minecraft. I think the 'time' excuse is long gone.

Blockland is older than Minecraft. I think the 'time' excuse is long gone.
Well your right, but one thing that helped Minecraft was that people posted about it on other places.