Poll

Poll

Author Topic: Terraria server - Offline - Hardmode! - No longer new chars only, read OP!  (Read 6321 times)

I'm hosting a server for new characters only, anyone joining with a non-new char will be warned/kicked once, then banned if they join again. No exceptions.

YOU MAY NOW USE ANY NON-HARDMODE CHARACTER. THEY CAN BE USED AS LONG AS THEY DON'T HAVE A SINGLE ITEM FROM HARDMODE ON THEM

RULES:
-No griefing, stealing, etc. Really, no need to be a jerk.
-If someone is building something and you try helping them build and they ask you to stop; stop.
-No old characters, no exceptions. Don't even bring them on just to talk or whatever.
-No one is required to have PVP on, but if you do turn it on and are in a fight don't turn pvp off to avoid death.
-No one is require to be hardcore/mediumcore/softcore. We don't care if you decide to chose this, don't rag on others for not choosing what you like.
-Use common sense.

@everyone The point is I don't want someone joining in with full molten/shadow/gold/etc when everyone else only has weaker stuff. I don't care if you want just like a vanity hat or something, but if you brought in a char with even full copper armor it wouldn't. E fair to everyone that started out fresh. Yeah it'd be SO much easier to just go get that one thing from your SP world but it's the equivalent of cheating and makes it unfair for everyone else just because you're too lazy to actually mine. I seriously couldn't care less if you don't want to actually work to a point where everyone else has worked to. If you cant abide by my simple rules then I don't want you on my server. Don't join. Just go play by yourself on your boring little SP world, playing with your little safe haven of full hallowed gear while we actually have fun.

So to clarify:
NO you may not join in with anything other than copper gear/maybe a couple bare minimum resources.
NO you may not go onto your other world/server and get some unfair item from it because you're too whiny to get it again
NO you may not feel tha you're above the rules and don't have to make a new character
NO you may not complain about the fact that you can't get an unfair advantage over everyone else.
If I wanted a world for people to bring whatever they want I would have hosted a server for it. Instead I hosted a new char only server.

If you want to join in with something other than starting gear that doesn't give really any advantage(wood, stone, some vanity item, etc) just ASK me. Don't think that because I'm giving a little leeway on te rules that you can join with it. If anyone joins with stuff and didnt ask for permission I WILL ban you without any delay and I most likely WON'T unban you.

edit: Oh and a one more thing.I really don't care if you go into SP after making your new character and make a world and play by yourself. As long as you don't go into a developed world and take stuff from there I really couldn't care less. Heck, if you have a character already and have a small world with barely anything done on it I don't care if you play that and even use some of the stuff (as long as it isn't like some stuff that would give you an advantage like full molten or whatever).

Anyways that should be the end of my rant/clarification.
IP:
Port: 28000

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:49:08 PM by DaSord213 »

joinin this shiiii

edit: gtg lololol
couldnt remember chat keybind either XD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:07:10 PM by Fredulus »

yay!
I'll join right away.

What version is the server running?

What version is the server running?
1.1.2 or whatever is the most recent.

I don't really see any fun to making new characters if you already have the convenience of killing pesky monsters and the buttloads of blocks.

I don't really see any fun to making new characters if you already have the convenience of killing pesky monsters and the buttloads of blocks.
Because the whole fun in Terraria was progressing yourself.

I don't really see any fun to jumping in a new world and already having the best stuff.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:16:58 PM by Chrono »

Can I make a new character, give him 999999999 health, and join as him?

terraria has the replay value of a bag of richards so new character servers arent very much fun for people whove already "beaten" the game

Goblin Army attacking, forget that stuff I've got Copper tools

terraria has the replay value of a bag of richards so new character servers arent very much fun for people whove already "beaten" the game
then play on another server

I lol'd because it has infinite replay value on all aspects...