Author Topic: [FREE SIGNUP/PLAY/MP] Shores of Hazeron ALPHA  (Read 4833 times)

Shores of Hazeron is an ambitious and revolutionary game set in a science fiction universe.

We took a new approach. No off-the-shelf 3D engine was used except OpenGL.
Years were devoted to developing entirely new methods and techniques. No cut scenes are ever used to make the transition from one place to another. Walk from terrain onto a spacecraft. Fly that spacecraft into space; travel to another world; choose where to enter its atmosphere and land there; step out of the spacecraft onto the terrain. The only semblance of a cut scene is a shooting-stars effect that appears as you transition from one solar system to another. The result is the biggest most realistic and usable science fiction universe that has ever been attempted.

Are you tired of the air tight movie sets of contemporary 3D games?
No places are off-limits in Shores of Hazeron. Face any direction and start to walk or swim or fly a riding beast or ride a dirt bike or sailboat. At best you'll circle the globe and return to your starting point; more likely something will kill you and eat you along the way. Build a city to manufacture spacecraft; pick a star in the sky and go there. Explore its planets and moons. Build cities and defenses. Expand your empire and prepare to meet the unknown.

Do you want to discover strange new worlds, beam down and see what's there?
Shores of Hazeron contains millions of worlds and trillions of plants and quadrillions of creatures that no person has ever seen, not even us. Procedural generation of worlds, including the DNA of its plants and animals, results in nearly limitless variations. Fly to any planet you see; no planet is just a picture in the sky. That's not a worn out movie set down below; it's a dense jungle on the coast of a continent; something lives there. Where to land? Which troops to take on the away team?

Does designing your own sentient race appeal to you? Player characters are created using the same DNA as the animals so the choices are nearly endless. Would your race be a typical bipedal human form, or something completely different, like a speckled two-headed bug, or a gilled fish dude with wings that flies, or even a glowing pink warty thing with a long trunk that leaps like a frog? In Shores of Hazeron you design your own race then spread your race throughout the galaxy.

Have you dreamed about the starship you would drive? The Enterprise? Nostromo? The Millennium Falcon? A Death Star? Perhaps the Battlestar Galactica? Maybe a Borg cube is more your style?
In Shores of Hazeron you design your own deck plans and lay out the systems of your spacecraft, balancing performance against capability, mass against force. Then you manufacture your ship and climb aboard. Simply walk|slither|hunker|crawl|fly|ride|drive through an operable door that opens and closes at your command. Turn the lights on. Walk through its halls. Use control stations to operate the systems of your spacecraft, including transporters to beam to|from planets or other spacecraft.

Can you command a starship?
AI controlled crewmen and troops can operate all the stations and weapons of your spacecraft, carrying out your orders. Other players can also operate the stations and weapons of your spacecraft for ultimate performance. Trade cargo and execute missions to earn money. Prepare to encounter the unknown first-hand. Sensor contact! Are they hostile? Shields up, 80% to front! Lock-on weapons and FIRE! Their shields are down. Energize transporters. Boarding party, follow me!

Would you play a massively multi player space game?
This is a real game, the kind that can be won and lost. Players are organized into empires. Empires are established and maintained by players in the game itself. Your empire can expand and win or be crushed out of existence. Ultimately, Shores of Hazeron is a game of self reliance. No matter where you find yourself, even if reduced to an empty world in some unexplored region of space, you have all that you need to reach for the stars.

PLAY HERE

MY EMPIRE: ANTAREANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Q7GsXOz-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqufAWz2xY
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:50:16 AM by Antares »

woah, looks awesome. graphics could be better but besides that it looks sweet. is it hard to get in to?

So how exactly does gameplay work? You didnt really describe it at all.

So how exactly does gameplay work? You didnt really describe it at all.
Actually it's very easy: You move with your mouse to look everywhere. Use W, S, D, A to walk. I have started today, with-in a hour learned some of the basic stuff. I recommend this tutorial to get your empire further.

Actually it's very easy: You move with your mouse to look everywhere. Use W, S, D, A to walk. I have started today, with-in a hour learned some of the basic stuff. I recommend this tutorial to get your empire further.

I think he means "what's the object of the game and how do you do it"

I think he means "what's the object of the game and how do you do it"
So far as I know is you make your creature, build stuff and evolve like in the video game Spore, and getting into Space. Discovering other worlds from online players.

Runs badly in tutorials and looks dated all around.

Runs badly in tutorials and looks dated all around.
The game looks and controls like rotten garbage, but everybody loves it so it's worth a try.

The most thing I hate is the disease thing and when animals will attack you when you are building a city. :/

Don't forget to mention how all the servers are hosted on the moon

Me, Jubel, and Pew made our own little civilization. We got to TL 13 or something before everyone quit.

Last time I tried playing this, it ran at ~.5 FPS.
What can I expect two years later? Is it my computer? It probably is.

I want to get into this game, I really do, it sounds absolutely spectacular. But we'll see if I can run it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:47:05 PM by Man 2 »

Wait, did this game fix the graphics problem with Intel(R) HD Graphics?
The ground is invisible if you have that graphics card, or, used too, not sure if its fixed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:28:34 PM by The Big Bad Jellyfish »

holy stuff.
This looks awesome.

Tried it, even worse than before. forget my life.
The sad thing is my computer is probably just under the requirement for a perfect 30 FPS.

It's just as well; this game is probably far too complex for me. I'll wait for Starbound.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:36:18 PM by Man 2 »