Author Topic: Gabe Newell calls Windows 8 a "Catastrophe".  (Read 7145 times)

Why cant they just keep the old Windows 7 design and improve what is broken instead of changing the whole system into this phone type thing?

Mac / Linux
So you want to pay twice the money for a mac, even when a non-gaming PC is twice as good.

At least there is a chance of a non-gaming PC playing decent games, rather than a mac that will play none.
This laptop is living proof.

So you want to pay twice the money for a mac, even when a non-gaming PC is twice as good.

At least there is a chance of a non-gaming PC playing decent games, rather than a mac that will play none.
This laptop is living proof.

Take a look at NVIDIA's GTX 690 and Quadro 6000. GTX 690 supplies 10x more power than the Quadro 6000 (and for the matter, any other Quadro). Why? Because of performances. Quadro 6k's aren't made for gaming but for actual work, like architecture, 3D rendering etc. is done better on the Quadro rather than the GTX 690, regardless of being a dozen times less powerful. Each thing is optimized for other uses.

Mac's have more professional-grade and work-grade software that runs way better on the Mac than on the PC. Regardless if the hardware is the same, the brain (motherboard) also comes in handy.

Not saying you can't just get a Windows either, but Windows runs more crap on professional stuff if you don't load it with good hardware like Quadro's. But that ends up pricing it double from a Mac.

(Also for the record, GTX 690 costs $1000. Quardo 6000 costs $5000.).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:55:26 AM by LeetZero »

thin or GABEN
according to my calculations, heheh
* ._maxwell23461_. snorts and pushes glasses up
gaben is infact, not a state of weight, height or infact, not even the molecules that make up the fat in his body. heuhue
* ._maxwell23461_. pushes up glasses and snorts again

according to my calculations, heheh
* ._maxwell23461_. snorts and pushes glasses up
gaben is infact, not a state of weight, height or infact, not even the molecules that make up the fat in his body. heuhue
* ._maxwell23461_. pushes up glasses and snorts again
I thought Gabe Newell was so large that numbers themselves could not go that high. Thus the weight GABEN was born to fit the gap.

Mac's have more professional-grade and work-grade software that runs way better on the Mac than on the PC. Regardless if the hardware is the same, the brain (motherboard) also comes in handy.
It doesn't run any better. Photoshop probably runs better on Windows than on Macintosh. The only things they have going for them are the exclusive software.

It doesn't run any better. Photoshop probably runs better on Windows than on Macintosh. The only things they have going for them are the exclusive software.
Also, none of that stuff is professional grade

Windows 8 is terrible and should be wiped for a fresh start.
The way they're optimizing it for tablets is horrible.
No one in their right mind would want to type/game on a tablet
I hate tablets, hate the interface and I hate how they changed the desktop controls and limited a lot of things
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:56:51 AM by Aide33 »

Nah, Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom all run better on my Mac even though my Windows desktop is far more powerful. What a coincidence!!!

Never thought you'd be an apple type person.

Me? All my personal electronics are Apple/being replaced with Apple lol.

Me? All my personal electronics are Apple/being replaced with Apple lol.
Why do you come into EVERY WINDOWS TOPIC to comment on how Mac/Apple is the best and no one should have anything else?